General Visa Information

There are three types of tourist visas offered by the Australian government.
1.    Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) – This electronic visa can be obtained via the internet or through a travel agent, airline or specialist service provider and allows a maximum stay of three months. ETA is offered to passport holders from 32 countries.
2.    Tourist Visa (subclass 676) – This temporary visa must be processed through the Australian consulate and can be obtained for a period of three, six or 12 months. Applications can be submitted in person, by mail, or online.
3.    Sponsored Family Visitor Visa (679) – This three-month-stay visa allows family members of Australian citizens to apply for a visa. This involves a two-step process in which the relative confirms that she or he will sponsor the familial visitor.
To get information on country-specific visa requirements, visit