Address: Berlin Street, Sana'a
Phone: (967) (1) 237500
Fax: (967) (1) 251521
One of the safest places to stay in Sana'a, reinforced by the presence of symbolic cannons and heavy artillery at the front entrance, and the large number of surveillance cameras and metal detectors placed throughout the vicinity. International by standard and very vernacular in terms of the intricate design of its interior, this hotel gives you the ultimate taste in the fusion of local and foreign décor and ambience. Staff hospitality, however, remains a varying experience every time you visit, according to recent travelers. A good place to stay for businessmen, but often not the most exciting option for families.
255 guest rooms, ranging from the elegant Classic Rooms to the more exquisite Presidential and Executive Suites. All rooms are temperature controlled and furnished with extra-comfortable bedding. All rooms come with marbled bathrooms. The Suites also contain generously spacious sitting areas, a separate work desk, and complimentary toiletries. Room service is available 24/7.
Guests in the Executive Suites also have access to the Executive Lounge and the business corner, which is equipped with printing/mailing/faxing facilities, internet connection, cable television, and complimentary stationery.
A variety of dining options is available, from seafood to local delights. The hotel’s own restaurants include:
1. Broadway: open Saturdays to Thursdays, 6pm to 1am. The hotel’s prime rooftop diner, with pleasant views over the nighttime desert city. Indulge in a variety of international flavors.
2. Tandoor Restaurant: open Mondays to Saturdays, 7pm to 11pm. A sizzling Indian dining experience beside the open-air pool, with some of the spiciest food you could imagine in the Arabian region.
3. Palace Restaurant: open 7pm to 11pm daily. Serves delightful Chinese cuisine. Authentic soups, with spices added according to your request.
4. Lobby Lounge: light snacks and beverages served from 7am to 11pm daily.
5. Waves Pool Bar: a small, cozy poolside bar area serving cocktails and finger snacks daily from 10am to 5pm.
A complete gymnasium is installed within the hotel premises, with trained personal instructors available on demand, and state of the art equipment. A serene outdoor pool makes for a lovely afternoon dip. Outdoor tennis courts are also available for the aspiring Agassi.
Meetings & Events:
Sheraton is the ideal hotel for the business traveler, with its range of conference halls and its up-to-date facilities. Three comparatively small meeting rooms, the Dhamar, Saada, and the Manakha Room, with reception capacities of 50, 40, and 70 people respectively, are complemented by a larger ballroom, al-Kawkaban, with a capacity of 450 guests. This arrangement is ideal when you plan to hold several simultaneous meetings at once, culminating in a final joint session in the main ballroom.
High-speed internet, faxing/photocopying, printing and office stationery is complimentary.