This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The al-Taybat City Museum for International Civilization is a grand palace containing 300 rooms filled with items collected by a globetrotting local merchant. The collection ranges from gold, manuscripts, furniture, pottery, Islamic manuscripts and more. Groups of less than10 people cannot enter on their own, so either stand outside the museum and wait to join one, or telephone in advance to get ...
The Iveagh Gardens are one of Dublin's great hidden treasures. They're actually located just across the street from Saint Stephen's Green in the heart of Dublin. Originally a small commons and later a pleasure garden, the Iveagh Gardens had fallen into disrepair by the mid-nineteenth century. It was renovated in 1863 by brewing heir and Dublin mayor Benjamin Guinness behind his h...
It may be small, but this theme park is in a fantastic location on the Santa Monica Pier. Kids can spend the day playing the various arcade games that are available, or riding on a roller coaster or even getting a good view of the LA coastline from the top of the Ferris Wheel. Address: Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.260.8744 ...
The water park has lots of thrilling rides to keep the children entertained. It is the perfect place to relax and have fun especially for children who are bored of shopping and visiting tourist sites. The lower level has wave pools, river rides and slides as well as fast food outlets for the kids. The upper level has a quieter pool and restaurant area. ...