This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The temple of Poseidon is also not to be missed. Originally the temple consisted of 34 columns. Today 15 of these original columns are still standing. In ancient times, the temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea, was a relief when viewed by sailors who were now assured that their voyage was about to conclude and that they were soon to arrive on land. The Aegean Sea is beautiful to look out on. It ...
The most prominent of all museums in Pakistan. It contains a splendid collection of ancient objects, transcripts, and other relics from prehistoric ages to the modern history of Pakistan. The galleries are well organized and the ambience is one of care rather than neglect. A special mention are the exhibits on the Indus Valley settlements, namely the ancient Harappa, Gandhara, and the Mohen-jo-dar...
Some of the major tourist sites tend not to be child-friendly because of its large crowds. Yet, do not be turned off if the Pyramids of Giza is not the best place for a child, because with a little digging we have found some alternative options that include parks and playgrounds. Also, some hotels have begun catering to families by offering facilities specifically geared at children....
The King Abdul Aziz Mosque is perhaps one of the oldest mosques in Jeddah, with a minaret that was built in 7 AH. The open central area is built in a way to allow open-air ventilation. The mosque has been renovated several times. Address : Al-Nada Market in Al-Hanafi Mosque in the middle of the historical area in Jeddah - AL-Bald ...