This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This beautiful mosque is built at the Prophet’s (P.B.U.H) grand-daughter’s burial site. Built like the Sayidda Ruqayya mosque, it is very popular amongst Iranian and other Muslim pilgrims from all over the globe. The mosque is beautiful with a shiny onion shaped golden dome, beautiful blue tile work and two minarets. Zainab’s mausoleum is located in the centre of the mosque. The interior of the mo...
When Bangkok became the capital in 1782, King Rama I ordered the construction of this shrine. Inside are the four gods revered by the Thais including Phra Seua Muang, Phra Song Muang, Phra Lak Muang and Phra Siam Devathiraj. All four are thought to be the protectors and guardians of the city of Bangkok. Address: Th Rathchadamnoen Nai & Th Lak Muang Tel: 02222-9876 ...
Staedel Museum, one of the leading museums of Frankfurt, has an extensive collection of art- about 2700 paintings, 100,000 drawing and about 600 sculptures- from renowned artists depicting the progression of culture through Frankfurt’s history. Opened under the name and will of Johann Friedrich Stadel, the museum is also dedicated to thorough art research. The Städel Art Institute follows the muse...
Founded in 1891, Skansen Open Air Museum was built to preserve Stockholm’s rural culture and is one of the major attractions in Stockholm. There are 150 buildings of historic interest including a workshop. Here you can learn about traditional crafts and traditions of Sweden. The zoo houses Nordic animals like elks, wolves, moose, lynxes and bears. Lil Skansen is a children’s zoo where children...