This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This has to be one of the most stunning edifices in all of Beijing if not in all of China. The hall dates back to the early 1400s. It is made of wood and the roof is absolutely fantastic consisting of blue tiles in intricate design. The pillars that hold it up are also wooden and the number of these is significant since they symbolize time in terms of the number of seasons and the number of months...
Bathhouses that are remnants of Turkish Ottoman legacy. Old Sana'a contains more than a dozen hammams, of which the Hammam al Maidan is the most popular among locals. It is open till late hours of the night, and contains separate bathing facilities for men and women. ...
The Museum of Military History is a small museum dedicated to the military history of South Africa and showcases items like the South African built G-6 artillery piece, to small arms, aircraft, and even a submarine! Address: 22 Erlswold Way, Saxonwold Telephone: +27 (0)11 646 5513 Website: http://www.militarymuseum.co.za/ Opening hours: Daily 0900-1630 Admission charge &nb...
Ho Chi Minh City offers plenty of places where you can take your children. One place to spend the day is the Saigon Zoo. With 133 years of operation, it’s is one the oldest zoos world. The wide variety of indigenous animals, the aquariums and the museum can keep children occupied for the entire day. Several temples are also found in its extensive grounds. Ho ...