Built in 1765, the Old Stone House is the oldest standing building in the city and was also Washington’s last Pre- Revolutionary Colonial building on its original foundation. Local folklore preserved the house from being demolished.
The house was constructed in three phases during the 18th century and since then it has been a boarding house, tavern and shop. The small garden along with the house is a nice place to sit and soak in the surroundings after all the walking.
3051 M St. Georgetown
Tel: 92020 426 6851 (info)
Website: www.nps.gov/ rocr/oldstonehouse