This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This museum is very interesting and caters to all age groups. It is fascinating in terms of the technologies that are showcased here- ultra-modern, revolutionary and environmentally friendly. Moreover, most exhibits are interactive. Visitors can engage with robots and embark on virtual reality rides. They can also use the touch screens to learn more about nano-technology and genetic engineering. T...
The Houston Zoo is a 55 acre zoo located within Herrmann Park. It houses 4,500 animals of over 900 species and is the seventh most visited zoo in the nation. The zoo includes a reptile and amphibian building, a Texas wetlands exhibit, natural encounters exhibit, 23 species of birds, a tropical bird house, an open-air pheasant run and over a thousand fish and marine animals from around ...
A beautiful building that houses cut pillars, scruffy walls and eerie sculptures; the Star of David out the front is a tribute to this spot where an anti-Semitic massacre occurred in 1506. A popular hang-out for Lisbon’s African community, locals gather at dusk to pass round liquor at A Ginjinha. Address: Largo de Sao Domingos Opening times: 7:30am – 7pm Mon-Fri, noon-6pm Sat Admission...
Dating back to the 1700s this temple was used by Buddhists to pray for rain. It now houses the biggest bell [over 20 feet wide] built by any Chinese emperor as well as other bells dating back to the Yuan and Ming dynasties. Timings: Daily 8 30 A.M- 4 30 P.M Admission: Y 10 Address: 1 A Beisanhuanxi Lu Tel: 010-6255-0843 ...