This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This magnificent sandstone structure was constructed in 1812, by Sh.Salman Bin Ahmed ( al fateh) Al Khalifa, the Qal'at ar-Rifa' (Riffa Fort) has now been renamed after its patron. The king ruled Bahrain from here in the years 1869-1932. The whole of the Hunanaiya valley can be seen from here and the sight is beautiful to behold.Timings: Sun-Tues: 8am-2pm, Wed-9am-6pm, Fri: 3pm-6pm Phone: +973 ...
This magnificent and massive temple dates back to 739 A.D. Followers of the Daoist religion come to worship here. Chinese monks in traditional costume also can be seen here. This is an interesting temple to visit. Timings: 8 30 A.M- 4 30 P.M Admission: Y 10 Address: on Baiyun Guan Lu Tel: 010-6346-3531 ...
The Diplomatic Quarter, or DQ as it is popularly known, is home to foreign embassies and international organizations, as well as residential structures and malls. With lush gardens and numerous sports facilities, it is also one of the city's greenest areas. It is especially known for its fine architecture, and is considered a model for other Islamic cities around the world. Despite its name, the s...
Thought to be the world’s oldest shopping mall, the arcades in Trajan’s Market are now believed by many to be administrative offices for Emperor Trajan. The shops and apartments were built in a multi-level structure and one can visit several of the levels. Highlights include delicate marble floors and the remains of a library. The new museum of the Imperial Forums houses a wealth of artefacts fr...