This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Oslo Cathedral is located near KarlJohans gate in Stortorvet Square. This beautiful building has been rebuilt several times, and currently serves as the main church for the Oslo bishopric. The Royal Family uses the cathedral for large events, like funerals and weddings. The organ within is impressive, with the view of Oslo from the steeple even more grand. There are several bazaars in the pavi...
Watson Road, Observatory Hill Tel: (02) 9217 0485. Fax: (02) 9217 0489. E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.sydneyobservatory.com.au Opening hours: Daily 1000-1700. Admission: Free; A$6 (day tour); A$15 (night tour); concessions available. ...
The Sapumal Foundation houses the studio and art materials of the late Harry Pieris who was one of Sri Lanka’s renowned artists. Paintings of other local artists are also on display here. 32/4 Barnes Place, Colombo 7. Phone: 0094112 695731. ...
The Xa Loi Pagoda is the largest in Ho Chi Minh City. It was built in 1956 and was said to contain ‘Xa Loi’ – sacred bones or rather fragments of them from The Buddha. The pagoda was the center of political protest in the 1960s, when monks and nuns inside were attacked, resulting in the deaths of thousands of Buddhists. Location: 89 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan Street, District 3 ...