This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Fraumünster, or Church of Our Lady, is one of Zurich's most important churches. The original church was opened in 850 and served as a Benedictine Abbey. The convent here was home to many of the elite women of Medieval Germany. The crypt dates from this original building. The current church was built in the mid-thirteenth century and a Romanesque spire was added in 1732.&nbs...
For William the Conqueror, defeating the Anglo-Saxons and invading England was the easy part. The true challenge lied in consolidating his power and stabilizing the country. To that end, he built a series of fortifications. The grandest of them was London’s White Tower. Construction began in the 1070s and was completed in 1100. It was the most spectacular building in ...
The Jade Market is another famous attraction. It is on the west side of Nathan Road, and all qualities and varieties of Jade can be bought here. This green stone is a specialty of Hong Kong and has great spiritual significance for the Chinese people. ...
Children will enjoy every aspect of this child centric tour. One could avoid the city sightseeing and spend more time at the Nairobi National Park. They will just love the Giraffe Centre where they can come really close to the huge Rothschild Giraffes and actually feed them. The Animal Orphanage at the entrance of the National Park is a place all children enjoy. Orphaned wildlife is looked after h...