Visa Information

The following lists the documents and steps required for a non-immigrant visa:

1. You need to schedule an interview appointment unless your citizenship waives you from this step. A personal interview is required for applicants 14 and older.  Applications are accepted Sunday – Tuesday and Thursday 7:30-8:30 a.m., excluding US and UAE holidays.

2. A passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry.
3. A completed FORM DS-156. Make sure to bring this completed form with you to your interview.
4. The following individuals must also complete FORM DS-157 (supplemental non-immigrant visa application):
a. All male visa applicants between the ages of 16 to 45
b. All females and males 16+ that were born in or are citizens of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

5. An additional Form DS-158 for student and exchange program visa applicants (F, M, and J).
6. One photograph (5 cm. X 5 cm.), taken within the last 6 months, and with a white background.
7. Other forms for certain classes of Non-immigrant Visas, such as, a FORM I-20 or DS-2019 for the Student Visa Applicants, approved BCIS petitions for 'H' , 'L' , 'O' and 'P' visas, etc.

Supporting Documents
The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your eligibility for a non-immigrant visa be determined on the basis of strong, well-established ties to a residence outside the United States, as well as on the basis of reasonable, credible plans for your visit to the United States. During the interview the officer might ask to see one or more of the following documents (translated into English):
a) an original, current letter of employment with job title, length of service, and monthly salary
b) personal bank statements for the last six months
c) photocopies of current trade license and current audited  financial statements for the past two  years showing status of business
d) property deeds
e) current letters of invitation from American companies or conference organizers

Non-immigrant visas are usually granted for a maximum of six months. However, your length of stay depends upon the discretion of your immigration officer.

Also, keep in mind that you are not allowed to work with a B1 (business visa) or B2 (pleasure visa). If you wish to work in the United States, you must apply for either the H-1B or H-2B visa.