This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The ROM is Canada's biggest museum, with over six million objects in its collections. This spectacular building was made by renowned architect Daniel Libeskind. Some of their best galleries include the World Culture Gallery, Natural World Gallery, T. T. Tsui Gallery of Chinese Art, the Gallery of Korea, and the Bishop White Gallery of Chinese Temple Art. 6 new galleries have also been added, inclu...
The Powerhouse Museum allows visitors to peek into Sydney's scientific and technological past. 500 Harris Street Tel: (02) 9217 0111. Website: www.phm.gov.au Opening hours: Daily 1000-1700. Admission: A$10; concessions available; some special exhibitions charge an extra entrance fee. ...
This is one of Doha’s most interesting museums. The collection of weapons and arms is extremely impressive and some of the exhibits truly stunning reflective of expert craftsmanship. The main attraction is the famed Lawrence of Arabia’s dagger. Other pieces comprise of silver and gold daggers and swords some of which date back to the 1500s. Timings: Daily except Saturdays from 9 A.M- 12 ...
Johannesburg is a great place for kids! The Joburg Zoo is sure to make them gape in wonder at the hordes of animals there, or perhaps the Zoo Lake would be more to their liking. The Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens are a great place to have fun while learning about the various forms of plant life found there. The Montecasino Bird Gardens are also great to tell kids about the hundreds of sp...