This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
As the name goes, this museum is a memory of all the times that Finland has had to protect itself from external offense during the two World Wars. The exhibits display the artillery, guns, missiles and gunpowder used and the ways in which Finland maintained its sovereignty through the years. It was opened in 1948 with the thick walls of the Suomenlinna fortress. The museum is open seasonally durin...
the seat of government in Berlin. Built in 1894, this building has had several political scuffles and has been on the world stage so many times. Most notably, the reunification of Germany was enacted here in October 1990. The tourist crowds can be annoying so visit early or late if you wish to avoid them. Guided tours can be arranged. Telephone: 22732152 ...
This little museum consists of two galleries that showcases arts and crafts from around the globe. It gives visitors a chance to learn more about the origins of these pieces and cultures of the people who made them. A small gift shop is also located within the museum, Address: 5814 Wilshire Boulevard Tel: (323) 937 4230. Website: www.cafam.org ...
This square has recently been renovated. The highlights of the square are the restored courts of law which add to the architectural splendor. The cafes and terraces are the perfect place to soak up the atmosphere. Located in the same area is a bell tower with beautiful archways running along it. 1 Place du Palais-du-Justice Rue de la Prefecture Fax: +33 4 92 14 46 49 ...