Doha, QATAR – Taking the level of excitement to new heights, Qatar Airways today unveiled the long-awaited highlight of its 100th destination launch campaign – a ‘two for the price of one’ ticket offer marking the biggest promotion in its 14-year history.
The Doha-based carrier will reach the historic milestone of 100 destinations on April 6 with the start of flights to the Syrian city of Aleppo.
In celebration of the significant achievement, Qatar Airways was to launch the 48-hour global promotion from midnight April 6 but this had to be postponed due to technical issues.
Starting from 16 April 2011 (at 00:01 hrs) to 17 April 2011 (at 23:59 hrs) customers from around the world can book two tickets for the price of one on qatarairways.com/100. Terms & conditions apply*. Bookings are based on the time zone they are booking from.
This never-seen-before Qatar Airways offer is valid for travel between 1st May 2011 and 10th June 2011, with travel to be completed by 11th June 2011.
Qatar Airways Chief Executive Office Akbar Al Baker said: “The launch of our 100th destination is a great milestone in the success story of Qatar Airways. Since our re-launch just over 14 years ago, the airline has grown from strength to strength at a phenomenal pace, and this remarkable achievement of reaching 100 destinations would not have been possible without the loyal support of our customers, who have supported our business over the years.
“Our 100th destination launch is a perfect opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to all our customers, valued partners, corporate and leisure travellers for making Qatar Airways their airline of choice.
“Through this amazing global promotion, we are pleased to give back and to share this historic moment with our customers. It is also a great way for those who have never flown with Qatar Airways before to try our service and see how our Five Star service sets us apart from others,” added Al Baker.
The fabulous offer is the ultimate highlight of an array of promotions for travellers around the world to celebrate Qatar Airways’ 100th destination launch.
In addition, to the “two for one” offer, Qatar Airways is running an online competition until 16th April 2011 on qatarairways.com/100 for which customers may sign up for a chance to win one of 100 pairs of free tickets to any destination of their choice on Qatar Airways’ network. Customers have extra chances to win free tickets if they refer the offer to friends.
Furthermore, the airline’s frequent flyer loyalty programme, Privilege Club, is offering members 10,000 bonus Qmiles and a special discount of 25 percent on award tickets redeemed at qmiles.com. For Qatar Airways’ QNB co-branded credit card holders, up to 3,000 additional bonus Qmiles are on offer. Further details on these offers are available at qatarairways.com/100
Qatar Airways Holidays, the airline’s tour operating division, is introducing an attractive Doha stop-over package at special rates giving travellers a chance to explore the sights of Qatar before continuing to their onward destinations. These packages are available via qatarairways.com/100-offers
Today, Qatar Airways flies to a wide range of key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America with a modern fleet of 97 aircraft.
Qatar Airways is ranked the third best airline among the top 10 carriers in the world in the prestigious annual Skytrax audit of global passenger travel. Ranked Five Star for excellence by Skytrax, the airline’s competitive product focuses on comfort, cuisine, in-flight entertainment, award-winning in-flight service and a fleet of aircraft that is young and modern averaging just less than four years old.
Qatar Airways’ 2011 expansion highlights are:
• ALEPPO, April 6th 4-flights-a-week, airline’s 100th destination
• SHIRAZ, June 5th Twice-weekly flights – carrier’s third destination in Iran
• VENICE, June 15th Daily flights take Italian network up to three cities
• MONTREAL, June 29th Airline’s debut in Canada with introduction of thrice-weekly flights
• KOLKATA, July 27th Daily flights take airline’s Indian network up to 12 destinations
• SOFIA, September 14th 4-flights-a-week strengthen Eastern European presence
• OSLO, October 5th 5-flights-a-week – airline’s third Scandinavian route
* Terms & Conditions of “2 for 1 Offer”
• Outbound travel is valid between: 1st May 2011 and 10th June 2011 (with all travel completed by 10th June 2011)
• Purchase dates: 16th April to 17th April 2011 only. Purchase dates are set to the local departure time of your city.
• Valid on Qatar Airways-operated flights only.
• 2 for 1 Offer is not valid on all flights and fares.
• Offer not applicable for travel on the following sectors: between Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires, or Houston, New York or Washington to Doha.
• Offer valid for Economy Class, return tickets only.
• Seats are limited and subject to availability.
• Changes permitted at a fee, within the travel period.
• No refunds, 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
• Child discount not applicable. Child bookings are to be made as adult bookings. Infant discount 80% of the adult fare. Taxes & fees must be paid.
• The offer requires all travellers to remain on the same booking; travellers may not travel separately.
• The price shown on Price & Date Options and Flight & Fare Selection pages are per person
• Seats are limited and subject to availability.
• Other conditions apply, please review the terms at the time of booking.
• Offer is only valid for bookings made through qatarairways.com/100Offer applicable to airfare only. Applicable taxes and fees will be additional.
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is located in south Male Island and is known for its untouched natural beauty and fertility. Perhaps this is the reason why the island is also called "Rannalhi”, which in Dhivehi means a "A Measure of Gold”. This is a very lively place where something is always happening. Some guests are enjoying water sports, while others are part of group activities led by friendly animator...
Located along the Victoria Harbor waterfront, the Avenue of Stars in Tsimshatsui is the Far East's equivalent to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is a tribute to the great movie and TV industry of Hong Kong, a tribute to the professionals who have contributed to the territory's hundred-year history of film making. The Avenue of Stars features commemorative plaques, hand prints of movie celebri...
The Republic Square is beautifully built with green grass and lush plantation, along the northern waterfront. It is Male's most popular venue amongst adults and children alike for social gatherings and recreation. On the Eastern end of the square stands the official flag post on which the largest permanent flag in the country is hoisted. When you arrive in Male, this is the place where you are ...
Founded in 1966, the Montreal Planetarium is one of four entries in the Montreal Nature Museum (along with the Biodome, Botanical Garden, and Insectarium). Multimedia exhibits showcase different celestial bodies – planets, quasars, nebulae, galaxies, etc. Free lectures are held from time to time. This is another good attraction for children, but it’s not as good as the other part...