This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The building of this museum was constructed in 1906 by Victor Stefanescu and has been declared an architectural monument because of its style and class. It was first built as part of the project of the Romanian Geology Institute and was later given an independent status. Today the collection in the museum is so varied that it houses about 80,000 samples of rock, minerals and fossils dating back to...
The Royal Palace is located in the city center, right off of them main avenue at the end of KarlJohans gate. The palace is the home to the Norwegian monarch and has undergone extensive renovation since its completion in the first half of the 19th century. Tours are available for the general public during the summer and tickets can be bought in advance from local post offices or by calling +47 81 5...
Address: Zhansugirov, Northern Almaty Phone: + 7 (727) 294 8600 Timings: open all year round 10 am to 8 pm The Hippodrome is a large open-air stadium in a quiet Almaty neighborhood, which holds horse races several times during the year. Head there if you are a racing enthusiast. Betting is not very open – be careful if you plan to gamble. You get caught, and a corrupt officer might want...
This museum is located in two neoclassical mansions. This museum exhibits contemporary European Art. Almost all of the paintings have as their focus, the human body. Over 3000 paintings by Greek and other artists are exhibited here. Timings: Wednesday- Sunday 11 A.M- 5 P.M Address: Monis Asteriou 3 & 7, Plaka Admission: 6 EUR Tel: 210-323-4678 ...