This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: east of the Parque Central Complex One of the oldest parks in Caracas, the Parque Los Caobos is known widely for its enchanting mahogany trees from which the park derives its name. A walk through the park, on its gently winding trails lined with hedges in fresh bloom, is a relaxing way to let go of the day’s troubles and rejuvenate your mind and body for the next day. The park is us...
This fort is yet another legacy of the Portuguese occupation of Muscat dating back to the latter half of the 16th century. While the fort is closed to visitors, it is a wonderful photop opportunity and is within view from the Mutrah Souk and Corniche. Timings: Daily Admission: none Address: Mutrah Harbor Tel: none ...
The orient generally refers to East Asia, but the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute is dedicated to the Middle East. It is one of the world's premier research institutions regarding the region's archaeology and history. The Institute was founded in 1919, and the art deco building it's housed in was completed in 1930. The collection is largely due to the efforts of ...
What was once a Lutheran Protestant Church (1527) is now the Cathedral of Stockholm. At one time, Royal weddings and coronations took place here. The elaborate Baroque and Gothic architecture makes this building stand out distinctly in the city. The famous statue of St George and the Dragon made in wood by Brent Notke in 1489, is perhaps the most famous among the many unique artifacts housed withi...