This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Tsing Ma Bridge is the seventh largest suspension bridge in the world. It carries road and rail traffic in two decks and is the largest of this type. It is an architectural wonder and a must see. ...
The Underground City is a unique complex of shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas, boutiques, and offices underneath Downtown Montreal. It was the brainchild of urbanist Vincent Ponte. The first section was built in 1962 beneath new skyscraper construction on the site of an old railyard. The subterranean network has been expanding ever since, most recently in 2003 with the develop...
As Hong Kong boasts of both the Disney land and Ocean Park, children all over the world will always enjoy a visit. Besides this all tours are child friendly and quite interesting for children. To take a cruise by day or night, dolphin watch tour, just play on the beach, or go for some water sports, the best being on Lantau, is something all kids love to do. The botanical and zoological...
A spot for rest and recreation, Parque del Este forms the largest open public green space within the city. It is thronged with visitors every day, especially in the evenings. The park offers a serene escape to the Caraqueños from the bustle and noise of a congested city life. Apart from being a favorite hangout space for the young and the old alike, the park also offers activities geared at ed...