This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Navy Pier is Chicago's most visited attraction, attracting more than 8,000,000 visitors per year. It was built between 1914 and 1916 and at the time was the largest pier in the world, at more than 1,000m long. Initially, the pier was to serve as both a port and as a public gathering place, but as cars proliferated the Great Lakes shipping industry declined. Its popularity fell du...
Address: Ostandari Street Timings: Saturdays to Wednesdays 8am to 1pm, Thursdays 8am to 12noon Tickets: IRR 3000 Located within a building that was used primarily as a storage shed cum stable house, the Decorative Arts Museum today houses relics from the Safavid and Qajar eras – glassware, calligraphic samples, miniature frescoes and paintings, intricately carved wooden furniture an...
An indoor facility that contains swimming pools and plunge pools for adults, children and non-swimmers alike, Panoramabad is a good place to be if you are travelling with children and want to accompany them for a fun and engaging activity. Opening times are 6am-8pm Monday, Wednesday-Saturday, 6pm-9pm Sunday. Address: Inheidener Straße 60 Frankfurt HE 60385, Germany Phone: +49 69 46...
Helsinki Zoo is famous for its exotic collection of European and Asian animals and birds that are kept in spacious natural environments so that they can be nurtured properly. The Zoo is located on Korkeasaari Island and is reachable by Water transport easily. The zoo also houses a green house with rare species of plants and flowers and a café nearby serves good snacks to refresh the tourists. It i...