If you are a citizen of any of the countries listed below, you will
need a visa to enter Sweden. If not, you just need a passport, unless
you are a citizen of one of the Schengen countries (Austria, Belgium,
Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg,
the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden) in which case all
you need is an ID.
Citizens of these countries need visas:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua, and, Barbuda, Armenia Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Central African Republic, Ecuador, Chad, China (excl. Hong Kong and Macau), Lebanon, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada,
Guinea, Guinea-Bissau Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Sao Tome and, Principe, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Marshall, Island, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Russia, Korea People's Rep. of, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadins, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, South Africa, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Visas are granted for a maximum of 90 days at a time. Only in exceptional cases are applicants granted visa for more than 90 days duration but never for longer than a year.
An entry visa is normally valid in all the Schengen countries.
Your entry visa should be stamped on your passport before you enter Stockholm. You cannot apply for a visa at the border.
Your application should be submitted to the Embassy of Sweden.
In countries where there is no Swedish diplomatic mission, Sweden is represented by another Schengen state. Please check the Swedish Embassy’s official website for details: http:/www.swedenabroad.com/
Visa applicants in Bahrain should apply for a visa at the German Embassy in Manama. Visa applicants in Qatar have to apply at the Italian Embassy in Doha.
The normal visa processing time is 14 days.
The visa processing fee is SEK 315.
Where to Apply in the UAE:
Embassy of Sweden
Embassy of Sweden
P.O. Box 31867
United Arab Emirates
Address 12th Floor, Al Otaiba Tower
(Mashreq Bank on ground floor)
Zayed the 2nd Street (Electra Street)
crossing with 4th Street
Tel:+971-(0)2-621 01 62
Fax:+971-(0)2-639 49 41
Office hours :
Sunday – Thursday 09.00-15.30
The Swedish Embassy in Abu Dhabi will from now on receive telephone calls related to visa enquiries Sunday – Wednesday 13.00 – 14.00.
Requirements for a visit visa to Sweden – UAE nationals
* The Embassy will need up to 1 day to process the visa for UAE nationals applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Abu Dhabi
* The visa is personal and the application must therefore be handed in to the Embassy in person by the applicant.
* Passports validity - minimum 6 months.
* Copy of the passport + recent photographs with white background
* Appendix D to be filled in by the applicant
* Medical treatment - Appendix C should be filled and signed by applicant + confirmed appointment given by the doctor
* The application for Schengen visa together with the appendixes should be filled in completely and signed by each applicant.
* All documents should be submitted in English
* If the applicant is not able to collect the passport he/she must write a Letter of Authority for the person who will collect the passport on the applicant's behalf.
* Each applicant must have Travel insurance & Medical insurance valid for all Schengen countries and worth EURO 30000, which should be submitted when the visa is granted.
Visa Application Form:
* A completed application is not equal to an approved visa and other documentation might be requested
* Travelers from countries outside of EU will have to show documents on the border which verify that they have enough money for their upkeep in Sweden as well as for their fare home.
* A visa does not automatically entitle the holder to enter the Schengen area. A new examination of the visitor's right to enter the Schengen will be made by the authorities at the border.
The non-refundable application fee for all visas to Sweden is AED 285.
For more information, please visit the Swedish Embassy’s website, http://www.swedenabroad.com/
Add and Upload pictures to this Article