This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is the best place to ‘hang around’ and get a feel of Nairobi while you walk its broad tree lined roads with flowers giving color and life to this buzzing street. Within walking distance from this avenue are the old colonial buildings including Parliament House, Nairobi City Hall, museums and other places of interest. Many shops with traditional crafts, especially in the Masaii market ar...
It is a specialized museum of Madinah which unravels the early stages of Madinah’s development. The museum contains visual media and pictures of the city. ...
The Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya is housed in the Palau Nacional, a magnificent showcase of paintings and sculptures from Catalan. ...
The Chester Beatty Library is a combination library and art museum located on the ground of Dublin Castle. It was established in 1950 to house the spectacular private collection of Sir Alfred Chester Beatty, a Canadian mining magnate. He donated the collection to Ireland two decades before his death. The current building was opened in 2000. There are three main collections: ...