This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This market is a must stop for any tourist visiting Muscat, and is perhaps the biggest attraction within the city. It is located next to the Mutrah Corniche and is a perfect blend of Oman’s ancient culture and its modern transformation. The stalls are housed in a modern building but still maintain the hustle and bustle of a traditional Arab Market. There are a number of gold shops; others sell han...
Though located a little west of Tunis, Le Bardo is a suburban settlement considered as a very integral part of Tunis because it is a cultural, social and religious hub of the country. The Bardo Museum is a must visit for all travelers to Tunis because of its cultural importance to Tunisia and its extended collection of Tunisian acquisitions especially the Roman Mosaics which have been arranged by ...
African gold is celebrated in this museum which houses one of the most exquisite and beautiful gold collections the world over. This museum gives insight into the history of this gold and the evolution in design over the years. Artisans from all over the African continent from countries such as Ghana, the Ivory Coast, Mali and Senegal are paid tribute for their skills in carving and designing extr...
This has to be one of the most stunning edifices in all of Shanghai. Its claim to fame is that it is the tallest tower in all of Asia standing at over 1500 feet off the ground. The edifice comprises of three spheres and the architecture is incredibly modern and futuristic. Visit the observation decks to get a wonderful view of the city and visit the Shanghai History Museum. This museum showcases t...