Duques de Bergara
The Hotel gets its name from the Duke of Bergara, for whom a town house was built in 1898 by the architect Emilio Salas y Cortes who was a protÃƒÂ©gÃƒÂ© of Antoni Gaudi, the famous Spanish architect. The hotel retains the original wood-molded ceiling with a rose dome on the first floor. Stained glass panels in the reception area display the heraldic coat of arms of the Duke of Bergara, the original occupant of the building. In 1998 with the addition of a new seven storey tower, the original structure more than doubled in size. Conservative, traditional comforts are provided in the guests rooms. Large comfortable beds, mattresses of superior quality, elegant fabrics and good lighting ensure the guests a satisfying stay. The bathrooms are spacious and are equipped with tub/shower combinations. Some of the other facilities include a restaurant, cafÃƒÂ©/bar, outdoor pool, limited room service, laundry and dry cleaning and internet access.
Address: Bergara 11, Ciutat Vella