Visa Application Information
Every embassy of the Schengen states has their own visa application model, so be sure to collect the correct visa application from the Spanish Embassy. In addition to the visa application, you may be asked to present other provisional documents such as a hotel reservation, air ticket, bank statements, or sufficient funds. You might also be asked to present these documents by the immigration authorities at the Barcelona Airport.
Short Stay Visa (Maximum 90 Days per Half a Year)
The short stay visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days stay at any of the Schengen states, and can be acquired from the embassies of the states. However, it is best to get the visa issued from the Embassy of Spain in Abu Dhabi to avoid any possible hassles.
The embassy accepts visa applications from Sundays to Thursdays from 9:00am up to 10:30am and it is open for collection of visas from Sundays to Thursdays from 12:30pm up to 1:30pm.
1. Upon entering the Schengen states, immigration authorities often ask for hotel reservations and sufficient funds, or invitation letters and such, so keep them handy.
2. Visas are not extendable once you have entered the Schengen state so if you are interested in extending the visa, enquire about the necessary formalities when it is first issued at the embassy.
3. The processing of your visa application can take up to 3 weeks, so be sure to apply well in advance.
Requirements For Visa Application
1. Only legal residents of the UAE and nationals can apply at the Spanish Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
2. Applications that are unsigned or incomplete are not entertained at the Embassy.
3. The visa fee is AED 264.00 and is non-refundable.
4. The applicants should submit the original application form in person. The form is available on the embassy’s website or can be collected from the Embassy.
1. The Original passport of the applicant is required for application, and it must be valid for at least three months after the proposed visit. Additionally, three passport sized photographs showing the face uncovered must also be submitted.
2. The applicant must attach a photocopy of the return air ticket with confirmed dates of arrival and departure.
3. Travel insurance covering the period of stay in the Schengen states is a must. The minimum coverage is €30.00.
4. For children, both parents must sign their separate applications and copies of the passports of both parents have to be attached with their applications.
5. Applications with nationalities other than that of the UAE are required to bring a letter from their employer stating their date of hiring and salary, and must bear the name and title of the authorized signatory.
6. Tourists are required to attach a photocopy of a bank statement for the last three months, and details of accommodation such as a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation carrying the specific date of stay.
Embassy in Abu Dhabi:
Al Saman Towers, 8th floor, Left Tower,
Junction of Hamdan Street (#5) and Lulu Street (#4)
Spanish Commercial Office
Sheikh Zayed Road