This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Lying on the east side of Al Ain Oasis, the National Museum brings together the remnants and illustrative findings from the Stone Age until the early days of the United Arab of Emirates. This museum is a perfect destination for those who are interested in a profound understanding of the cultural life of the region’s past. The National Museum exhibits old versions of Holy Quraan, and manuscripts ...
Awarded the ‘Best Attraction in Christchurch’ award, the Air Force Museum is a must visit for a tourist to the city. Larger than life airplane displays welcome you to the museum which has various exhibitions and halls for different kinds of displays. From fire fighter planes to the history of flight stimulation, this museum has a well rounded collection to impress visitors. Location: 45 Harv...
The Diplomatic Quarter, or DQ as it is popularly known, is home to foreign embassies and international organizations, as well as residential structures and malls. With lush gardens and numerous sports facilities, it is also one of the city's greenest areas. It is especially known for its fine architecture, and is considered a model for other Islamic cities around the world. Despite its name, the s...
The 8 wing museum houses documents and paintings that preserve the traditions, heritage and customs prevalent in Saudi Arabia. Address : The intersection of Crown Street through the city with the downward ...