This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Space Museum is located on 10 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui and was inaugurated in October 1980. It is 8000 square meters and its beautifully crafted dome is a special treat. This planetarium gives great insight of space science and astronomy and is a must see. The East Wing houses offices and is dedicated to Space science. It also has the massive Stanley Space Theater, while the west wing is th...
Sharing Chicago's northern border along Lake Michigan is the pleasant suburb of Evanston, home to Northwestern University. Northwestern was founded in the 1850s by Methodists on land purchased by John Evans, for whom the surrounding town is named. Today it's one of America's most prestigious universities and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The main campus covers 240 acres alon...
Until the completion of the new World Trade Center in New York City, the Sears Tower is the tallest building in the United States, standing 442m (527m to the spire). It was built between 1969 and 1973 as headquarters for the Sears corporation, formerly the largest retailer in the world. Designed by architect Bruce Graham, the Sears Tower was the tallest building in the world from 1973 u...
The residential palace of the Sultan, this place is located south of the city centre. It is not possible to enter, except at the holiday of Hari Raya Aidilfitri, but the huge size of the palace attracts tourists to take a picture in front of the gate. ...