This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Piazza del Popolo is one of the most famous squares in Rome. In modern Italian, it means ‘piazza of the people’. Before the age of railroads, it formed the main entrance to the city for pilgrims and travelers arriving from the north on the Via Flaminia. This large square was originally the site for festivals .It was also for centuries the place for public execution. The last execution took pla...
Caracas loves children! Apart from the many family-oriented public parks, like the Parque del Este and the Parque Los Caobos, which offer countless hours of fun with the lush landscaping, the serene water bodies, the alluring all-year-round floral displays, and the regularly organized family activities, the city contains two large public zoos that are also a big hit with Caraqueño children. ...
Haji Ali Dargah is a mosque and shrine on an island off the coast in Worli. It was built in memory of Haji Ali, a rich Muslim merchant who gave up all worldly pleasures before embarking on a pilgrimage. Popular not just with Mumbaikars but also people from all over the country and abroad, this mosque (dargah) is built in the Indo-Islamic style of architecture and looks stunning amid...
Paris is a great place for kids as there is so much for them to see and learn. Visits to the various museums such as the Doll Museum or the Museum of Magic would be a special treat for kids, and they would specially love to see the waxworks held at the Wax Museum in the city. Once those museums have been visited, they could try out the circuses. Traditional circuses are ever present in the city th...