This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Caracas loves children! Apart from the many family-oriented public parks, like the Parque del Este and the Parque Los Caobos, which offer countless hours of fun with the lush landscaping, the serene water bodies, the alluring all-year-round floral displays, and the regularly organized family activities, the city contains two large public zoos that are also a big hit with Caraqueño children. ...
The busiest square in the city, from dawn to dusk it is crammed with vendors selling spices and vegetables from all over the country. It is fitting then that Annapurna Temple is dedicated to the goddess of abundance, represented by a purana bowl of grain. On Sundays and other days of the week, you’ll see locals walk around the shrine, touch a coin to their heads, throw it into the temple then ring...
A commendable effort to showcase the traditional Romanian way of life that is depicted in the Village Museum. The open air museum houses about 300 buildings related to various aspects of history such as churches, mills, workshops, furniture shops, pottery and clothing that are all laid out in a natural environment. Various cultural festivals are also hosted by the museum for tourists to experience...
This is Munich's largest and most famous drinking hall. It covers three floors, with the typically Bavarian banquet hall décor, with long wooden tables and low chandeliers. Vaulted ceilings create a unique atmosphere. During the summer guests can sit outside in the courtyard. Address: Platz 09 Tel: (089) 221676 ...