This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Temple of Literature founded in 1070, is a temple dedicated to Confucius. Today only parts of the sprawling complex dates from this earliest period; most of the architecture that we see comes from the Ly and Tran Dynasties. Also known as Van Mieu, the Temple of Literature has undergone numerous restorations and stands as one of the few remaining examples of later Ly Dynasty (1009-1225) archite...
The Arataki Visitors Centre on Scenic Drive is worth seeing because there are nature trails sporting native trees and birds found in the area with an excellent scenic drive. Trails are safe to hike and can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 4-5 hours. The center will also provide models, history and facts of native birds and the surrounding area.  ...
This hotel offers a petting zoo with a staff trained to make sure that the children have fun in a safe and friendly environment. Children can play with monkeys, a deer, a camel, a pony, flamingoes, and ducks. There is also a “Children's Garden" that has toys, swings, a trampoline, and a junior pool. These facilities are available to hotel guests only. Pyramids...
The Thien Hau Pagoda is a must-visit in Cholon. It is dedicated to the Chinese goddess Thien Hau, who is known as the protector of seafarers. Regular festivals are held here and the place is always packed with worshippers while the smell of incense hangs in the air. Location: Thien Hau Pagoda Nguyen Trai district, Quan Am on Lao Tu St...