This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The water park has several pools, one with a wave machine, different types of slides. Well worth a few hours in the hot weather. It is advised to take your own footwear as the paths to get really hut during the summers. There is a restaurant and lots if bars inside. Adult 7000 Sum, Child 4000 Sum for 3 hours Location: Aqua Park, Amir Temur road, near TV Tower....
This museum is located in two neoclassical mansions. This museum exhibits contemporary European Art. Almost all of the paintings have as their focus, the human body. Over 3000 paintings by Greek and other artists are exhibited here. Timings: Wednesday- Sunday 11 A.M- 5 P.M Address: Monis Asteriou 3 & 7, Plaka Admission: 6 EUR Tel: 210-323-4678 ...
This famous market, a remnant of the old city of Lahore, now houses a museum showcasing Lahore through the ages. On display are the works of various craftsmen, artists, calligraphists and painters. Also housed within are various galleries dedicated to a single aspect of Lahore such as its history, its social life, its shrines, its mosques and other religious places, its hospitals, its gardens and ...
An architectural beauty, this palace was built in the 20th century for the famous Cretulescu family of Bucharest. The palace is now visited for its history presence and the artistic architectural designs by Petre Antonescu (1873-1965). If you are short on time, have a look at the palace at least from the outside to get a feel of its beauty. &nb...