This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Disney Land is the main attraction of Lantau as well as of Hong Kong. The resort is small compared to other Disney parks. Built on 300 acres it attracts millions of visitors. It has four theme areas, Main Street, Fantasyland, Adventureland and Tomorrowland. It has many fireworks shows, parades and thrilling rides. Website:www.hongkongdisneyland.com ...
Officially known as the Amiri Diwan or "Al-Diwan Al-Amiri", Seif Palace is recognized as an emblem of Kuwait’s sovereignty. Al Seif Palace showcases a lot of the Islamic architectural culture and heritage, with the use of elaborate arches and traditional arabesque. The whole structure was constructed with locally available material and still stands strong today, despite the war and exten...
Although he asked to be cremated, Ho Chi Minh lies in state, embalmed and dressed in his favored khaki suit in an imposing, granite-and-concrete structure modeled on Lenin's tomb. A respectful demeanor is required, and the dress code mandates no shorts or sleeveless shirts. The mausoleum is usually closed in October and November, and is open three days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays b...
The Johannesburg Zoo is a place that kids will simply love! A great precursor to a safari, the Jo'burg zoo provides excellent facilities and showcases over 2000 animals. Disabled people and children are provided special viewing facilities with the zoo being one of the most child friendly areas of the city. The animals are arranged in zones depending on the area they belong to, such as the Spice R...