This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Goodman Gallery is a very successful art gallery that has been around for more than 30 years and plays host to contemporary South African works from artists such as Norman Catherine and William Kentridge. Address: 163 Jan Smuts Avenue, Parkwood Telephone: +27 (0)11 788 1113 Website: http://www.goodman-gallery.com/ Opening hours: Tue-Fri 0930-1730, Sat 0930-1600 ...
The Circus Maximus,which is situated in the valley between the Aventine and Palatine Hills,was a horse and chariot racing area. In the 1st C, it was Rome’s biggest stadium, a 250,000-seater. It was used for many other purposes as well. Marketing and gambling also took place here. Even though chariot races were held here as far back as 4 BC, it wasn’t until Emperor Trajan rebuilt it after the AD ...
If you must see only one museum in Lisbon make it this one. Housed in a 16th century convent, this place pays homage to one of Portugal’s most famous exports the azulejo (tile). The exhibits cover everything, from the azulejo’s beginnings in the Ottoman empire to the present. Star attractions include a 36m panel depicting a pre-earthquake Lisbon and a gold-bedecked baroque chapel. The cafe also ge...
Translated as “Independence Square" KL's Merdeka Square is the place where at midnight on August 31, 1957 the Malayan Flag was hoisted for the first time after lowering the Union Flag. ...