This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The famous Recoleta Cemetery is well worth a visit as it is the resting place of many Argentinian celebrities. It is open daily from 8am-6pm and you may even be able to catch one of the guided tours. Telephone: 4804 7040 Website: www.cementeriorecoleta.com.ar ...
2 Murray Street Tel: (02) 9298 3777. Website: www.anmm.gov.au Opening hours: Daily 0930-1700. Admission: Free. ...
Fontainebleau is a small city 55km southwest of Paris in the department of Seine-et-Marne. It was once the Royal Court’s getaway, and now it is a popular weekend getaway for Parisians. There is a lot to do in and around this picturesque city of 35,000. The Fontainebleau Forest is a national park. Spread over 280km², it is one of the most beautiful forests in Europe. It attracts more than ...
This landmark is worth a visit. It’s located half way in between the tip and foot of Mount Sinai. It’s considered as one of the very famous religious monuments. There are no specific timings to visit the place. A small fee is charged for the visit....