This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Located near Piata Unirii, Carol is a quick get away for tired tourists and over worked locals in the heart of the city. Designed in 1906, the park has a tomb, an open air theater and a small anonymous mausoleum. ...
One of the most famous artists in history, Van Gogh's work is displayed at the Van Gogh Museum. Located between the Rijksmuseum and the Stedelijk Museum, the museum entrance is at the Paulus, Potterstraat 7. Tram No 2 and 5 from the Central Station will take you to the museum. The museum is disabled friendly. Opening hours Museum: daily 10am - 6pm/ Friday 10am- 10pm Closed 1 Janua...
This museum is an extensive display of the Goethe Age and is in commemoration of the greatest German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. It shows pictures and paintings from German artists belonging to various time periods, which depict changing traditions and cultures. It also has an extensive library of literature and historical texts. Adjacent to the museum is the Goethehaus, which was the home ...
The largest cemetery in Paris is spread out over nearly 120 acres and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors annually. Known as the City of the Dead, the cemetery has thousands of elaborately decorated tombstones and mausoleums. Numerous narrow paths wind through them. More than 300,000 people are buried here, with the cremated remains of thousands more in the columbarium. The property...