This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Humayun's 16th-century Delhi had at its centre the fortress of Purana Qila, which reputedly stands on the site of Indraprastha, the city of the Pandavas in the Mahabharata. Of the buildings that survive today, the Qila-i-Kuhna Masjid, a successful fusion of the Islamic and Hindu styles, was constructed by Sher Shah in 1541. The Sher Mandal is an octagonal observatory and library. The north gat...
This is a one-of-a-kind museum in Pakistan. It is a kind of virtual observatory which regularly puts on shows about the solar system and cosmic phenomenon, with a large dome as the screen on which the slide shows/movies are presented. The hall inside is pretty comfortable, and the seats are just like real aeroplane seats. The shows are interesting and captivating for a first-time viewer, but, unfo...
Also known as the king’s gardens, Kongens Have is as old as the 16th Century. The popularity of these attractions can be gauged by the fact that over 2.5 million tourists visit it every year. The place is spread over acres of greenery with rose-gardens and multi-sized sculptures. The gardens are also utilized for holding exhibitions, concerts and puppet shows for children. Address: Øster Vol...
With its fascinating architecture, Prague can be thought of as an ancient place for children to be enthralled by and enjoy. Along with Prague Castle, there is its fascinating Toy Museum and Miniatures Museum (they are not allowed to touch the displays though). There are numerous toy shops dotted around the city which, when travelling by tram can be entertaining for children, along with the puppet ...