This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The circuit was used to host four Spanish Grand Prix but after an accident in 1975, was never used for the Grand Prix again. ...
Opening Time: 7am-6pm Admission: Free City History Museum Location: Estrada da Santa Marinha 505, Gavea Tel: 2512 2353 Opening Times: 10am-4pm, Tuesday to Sunday Admission: US$2 Found within Parque da Cicade, this former 19th century mansion now houses a museum which had exhibits of Rio from founding in 1565 up to the mid-20th century. Displays of furniture, photographs an...
The western suburbs of the city, Västerort, are home to the Bromma Airport, and Kista which is the Swedish center for information technology and contains the tallest office building of the country, the Kista Science Tower, and a shopping mall, the Kistagallerian. It is also home to one of the first planned suburbs in the continent, known as Vällingby. ...
The Jet d'eau in Lake Geneva spouting 140 meters into the air is regarded as the world's tallest water fountain, symbolizing Geneva's position as a leader in harnessing hydraulic power. ...