This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Zurich Toy Museum, or Zurcher Spilzeugmuseum, is one of the city's most unique attractions. More than 1,200 antique toys are in the collection, dating from the eighteenth century through the start of the twentieth century. The toys are all representative of their times. There are toy locomotives from the 1800s, and early automobiles from the start of the 1900s. The large...
Phoenix Park is one of Europe's largest urban parks at more than 1700 acres. It was established in the 1650s as a deer park under the supervision of James Butler, a viceroy for English king Charles II. Because of the deer and other wildlife, it was enclosed by a wall. It opened to the public in 1745, which it has remained ever since. The park is immortalized in literature i...
The name means Beautiful Indonesia in Little Park and the entire Indonesian Culture from here. It offers an exciting tour of 30 provinces of Indonesia with samplings of the country's cuisines from more than 250 cultures. Highlight features are the Museum Indonesia and the Keong Emas IMAX Theater. Address: Jl Taman Mini I Jakarta, Java Indonesia Tel: 62 21 840 1687 Fax: 62 21 841 1464 ...
Occupying the ground floor of an 18th century palace, the Dar Ben Abdallah is a Traditional Arts and Customs Museum that arranged exhibitions to portray the life of the Ottoman people and the Tunisian way of life in the 19th century. Larger than life set ups of kitchen, lounges and patios depict how the people move through various stages of life. Furniture, human accessories, books, kitchen utensi...