This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
is next to the Uhuru Park and again is a large, green, well maintained park. The park also has President Jomo Kenyatta’s memorial. He was the first President of Kenya. ...
This synagogue is the largest outside of New York City and can seat 3000 worshippers in its Romantic and Moorish style prayer area. Built in 1859, it has been renovated over the years; in an annexe you’ll find the Jewish Museum (342 8949, VII Dohany utca 2) which has objects related to Jewish religious and general culture. Amongst the items is a handwritten book of the local Burial Society, circa ...
Perhaps the most dominating Catholic Church in Tunis, the Cathedral of Saint Paul has been built on neo-byzantine structures with two towers that can be seen from far. The church holds a lot of importance for its followers because Saint Paul, a Frenchman was abducted by pirates to Tunis and held in prison for two years in 1605. History has it, he was sanctified by the pope in the 18th century. ...
Known for its State Art Gallery that has over 5,000 works of art old and new, the Estado is a haven for art lovers. The restaurant here is also worth checking out. Address : Praça da Luz 2, Centro Tel : 011-3229-9844 Timings : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm Entry fee : R$4; Saturdays free. ...