This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Open daily from 8:30am to 5pm the museum the Vietnam National Museum of Fine Arts features Vietnamese art of the 20th century, up to the 1970s. Much of the art is outstanding with entire rooms devoted to the Vietnamese style of lacquer and silk painting, woodblock, and folk art, wile the gift shop has some modern works of well-known artists for sale. Address: 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hanoi ...
Robert Edmond Grant was the first Professor of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy in Britain. Upon arrival at University College in London, he discovered that there were no specimens to aid his teaching. He began to assemble a collection and the museum was started in 1827. Grant went on to become one of the founders of modern zoology and had a heavy influence on Charles Darwin. The muse...
This was built in the 1800s and houses some of the most interesting artifacts pertaining to South Africa. The san rock paintings are stunning as are the Lydenburg heads dating back some 1500 years. African symbols for numbers and alphabets are also on display here along with other interesting exhibits such as traditional medicines. The fossil gallery and the whale well are also fascinating and con...
is a beautiful building made as a castle in the 16th century. Entry is €2.50. Telephone: 354 94 42 00. ...