This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The music of fado is at the heart of Alfama’s history and this museum traces its history from the working class to its international exposure. There is even a re-created guitar workshop and you can Tel: +218 823 470 Website: www.museudofado.egeac.pt Address: Largo do Chafariz de Dentro Opening Times: 10am-6pm Tue-Sun, closed 1st of January, 1st of May and December 25th. Admission Pr...
Translated as “Independence Square" KL's Merdeka Square is the place where at midnight on August 31, 1957 the Malayan Flag was hoisted for the first time after lowering the Union Flag. ...
The Abu Dhabi International Marine Sports Club was inaugurated in 1993 to form a firm organizational ground for powerboat racing in Abu Dhabi. ADIMSC is the backbone of Powerboat racing in conjunction with DIMC in the U.A.E and Gulf region en bloc. It has been chosen as a National Authority of the UAE Marine Sports Federation and presently is a certified member of Union International Motonautique....
Located by the Toolo bay, the National Opera House of the country is given utmost importance for it revives the culture and history of Finland in theater and film making. The Opera house is owned by the state and is in perfect condition for visitors and Helsinkians to visit occasionally for upcoming performances. It is equipped with the latest technology, has two spacious auditoriums and a 120 mem...