This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
It may be small, but this theme park is in a fantastic location on the Santa Monica Pier. Kids can spend the day playing the various arcade games that are available, or riding on a roller coaster or even getting a good view of the LA coastline from the top of the Ferris Wheel. Address: Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.260.8744 ...
The place is one of the prime tourist attractions of Singapore which introduces tourists to a wide diversity of marine life which include various species of sharks, stingrays, turtles and sea dragons which can be seen at very close quarters through the 80 meter transparent acrylic tunnel. All such features make this place one of the most opulent oceanariums of the world. Timings: daily fr...
The National Museum and Riyadh Zoo are safe bets for enjoyable places to take children and the Desert Diamond hunt is family friendly, even if it does take an entire day. The Ice Skating center is also a great distraction for the children, especially since the center also contains tennis courts, a bowling alley, and a restaurant. ...
This museum was built in 1894. It is one of the most famous museums of South Asia because of the sheer size of its collection. The museum comprises of over twenty galleries and takes one on a fascinating journey through the different ages of the Subcontinent. Lahore Museum is the place to go if you want to improve upon your history of this region. Exhibits date all the way back to the Stone Age. T...