This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Cua O Quan Chong, or the Old East Gate, is the only one of the original sixteen gates that provided access to the old city still standing. The Old East Gate is located within the Old Quarters of Hanoi; and dates back from the time when Hanoi was a medieval city. Address: Junction of Hang Chieu and Dao Duy Tu Street. ...
It is located next to La Rambla in the Ciutat Vella and is one of the most beautiful squares in the world. A number of streetlights designed by Antoni Gaudi grace this square. ...
The James Joyce Cultural Center is one of Dublin's more unique attraction, dedicated to perhaps the city's most famous resident. It opened in June 1996 thanks to the tireless efforts of Senator David Norris, a James Joyce scholar. Norris bought the property, an eighteenth century Georgian mansion, in 1982. At that time, many of the wonderful Georgian buildings on the street and t...
The National Museum of China is at the tail end of a renovation which will modernize the museum and more than triple its exhibition space. The world’s largest collection of Chinese antiquities is housed here. The museum covers Chinese history up until the end of the end of the Qing Dynasty. The oldest item on display is the remains of Yuanmou Man, dating back 1.7 million years. ...