This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Built in 1896 from lime-covered coral along Dubai Creek, this was the home of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum. It was actually built by his father so he could observe the shipping lane from his balcony. The sheikh lived here during his rule, from 1921 to 1958. The whole complex has been completely restored and renovated. It is a national monument and a museum, with photographs, jewelry, artillery, and...
The largest business district in Europe is named for the La Defense de Paris sculpture that commemorates the defense of Paris during the Franco-Prussian War. It covers 77.5 acres and has 3.5 million square meters of office space, with more than 180,000 employees. The business district was created in 1955 on the periphery of Paris and is home to many skyscrapers. La Defense is locate...
Tourists flock in crowds to see this piece of architecture in Tunis. The Municipal Theater, designed by French architect Resplendy, was inaugurated in 1902. The theater has been designed very lavishly in concrete white exterior with carvings on it. The balconies of the theater look majestic during sunset and give a very romantic aura to the place. Though entry for sightseeing is not allowed, t...
Located in Salmiya, The Scientific Centre in Kuwait serves as a hub for environmental education for the gulf region and also the largest aquarium in the Middle East. The three main attractions at the centre are the IMAX theatre, Discovery Place and Aquarium. Built with some of the most advanced technological equipment today, the center’s interiors are heavily influenced by Kuwaiti and Islamic art....