This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Formerly known as the Church of the Saints Sergius and Bacchus, Little Hagia Sophia was constructed between 527 and 536AD by the Emperor Justinian. Supposedly Sergius and Bacchus had visited Justinian's uncle, Justin I, and told him Justinian did not pose any threat, thus sparing the future emperor's life. The emperor built the church upon his accession to commemorate the occasion. ...
Jackson Park was designed by legendary landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted in 1871. It was the main site for the 1893 Columbian Exhibition, but little evidence remains as all the buildings have been demolished since. Jackson Park was originally supposed to be part of a grand South Park, encompassing both it and Washington Park, connected by a canal running through the Midway Plai...
Located at the mouth of the Ciliwung river, this market area bustles with activities related to the sea. The Museum Bahari situated at the harbor, is housed in restored Dutch warehouses dating back to the first trading post of the Dutch East Indies. Address: Jl. Pasar Ikan 1 Jakarta, Java 14440 Indonesia Tel: 62-021-669-3406 Address: Sunda Kelapa Harbor Old Batavia Jakarta, Java ...
Located beneath the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, this aquarium features aquatic life and animals from Malaysia and around the world. Exhibits include depictions of the Malaysian jungle, from the highlands down to the ocean. There is also a plentiful collection of reptiles, insects, amphibians, and small mammals (otters, large rodents, etc.). More than 20,000 animals from 250 d...