This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is the biggest cemetery located in Helsinki and is quoted very often in texts and speeches because it holds the graves of most of the soldiers who fought during the Finnish War. Within the Hietaniemi parameters are smaller cemeteries such as the Helsinki Ismaic Cemetery, Catholic Cemetery and the Jewish Cemetery. ...
West Delhi is most famously known for being home to the noveau rich and wealthy business individuas. Yet, this neighborhood gets a bad rep because its residents are stereotyped to be tacky and garish....
are a fascinating place, and the most visited of all the zoos in Europe. More details in the ‘What to do with kids’ section. ...
Alte Opre is a magnificent recreation of the old opera house that was built in 1880. For years the reconstruction of the Opera house was hazy after it was destroyed in WWII, but the new house was rebuilt and opened in 1981. Serving as more than just an opera house, it holds collections of German war history and of the rich Frankfurt culture. The building, square and fountain are spectacular when l...