This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
For those looking to get a taste of the hustle and bustle of Sao Paulo, the Praca Liberdade must not be missed. This is a fair held every weekend that has on display (and sale) Asian food and crafts. It is also home to religious festivities and represents the essence of Sao Paulo’s diversity. Address : Av. da Liberdade and Rua dos Estudantes, Liberdade ...
The Ancient Neolithic settlement in Choirokoitia was made an official UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site in 1998. it is known to be one of the best preserved historic sites in the region, and draws a large number of tourists, archeologists, students and scientists every year. Originally discovered in the 1930’s, some of the artifacts and ruins are known to date back to 7000 BC. Visitors can learn...
Located in the Atlantis Resort at the crown of the Palm Jumeirah, the Aquaventure water park is a great family entertainment venue. There are many water slides to enjoy. Most notable is the Leap of Faith, a 27.5m tall and 61m long slide from the top of a ziggurat down through a shark tank. There are also several longer river rides, plus all the usual trappings of a water park.&nb...
While you can walk up this lookout from different routes the best way is to take the funicular railway from Ujezd. Services leave every 15 to 20 minutes and ordinary public transport tickets are valid. Some of the best views of Prague are from this lookout, which has 299 steps and was built in 1891 for the Prague Exposition. Here you’ll find a nearby mirror maze and other attractions from the late...