This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
See how Prague looked before the walls were pulled down and St Vitus Cathedral was completed take a look at this museum. The biggest attraction is a model of the city circa the 19th century city but there are other displays that show how Prague looked from prehistoric times to the 20th century. Address: Na porici 52 + 420 224 816 773 Opening Times: 9am – 6pm Tuesday to Sunday ...
This museum showcases Japanese art- both traditional and Western styles. Exhibits include paintings, sculptures and prints. All art pieces date back to the 1900s i.e. the Meiji period. Timings: Tues-Sun 10 A.M- 5 P.M Admission: Adults: Y420; Students: Y130; Children: Free Address: 3 Kitanomaru Koen Park Tel: 03-3214-2561 ...
Stravrovouni, which means Mountain of the Cross, is a rocky perch on which the famous monastery stands. It is believed that the monastery was founded by Saint Helena, mother of Constantine the Great, in the 4th century. The mountain is very significant not only for Christians, but for also the Greek pilgrims who used to visit the temple for Aphrodite. Entrance to the monastery is pretty strict, ev...
Johannesburg is a great place for kids! The Joburg Zoo is sure to make them gape in wonder at the hordes of animals there, or perhaps the Zoo Lake would be more to their liking. The Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens are a great place to have fun while learning about the various forms of plant life found there. The Montecasino Bird Gardens are also great to tell kids about the hundreds of sp...