This palace was built by a Hindu businessman by the name of Shivratan Chandraratan Mohatta in the 1920's. The building is constructed out of special pink stones from Jodhpur and the common yellow stones. It housed the offices of the Foreign Affairs ministry after the founding of Pakistan. It was soon given under the care of Fatima Jinnah, sister of the Quaid, but after her death it fell into neglect and disrepair. It was not until the late 1980's that the Sindh governor took action to restore it to its former glory. The building was renovated by skilled craftsmen (and is still under constant improvement to this day), and was converted to a splendid cultural museum. It has on display artifacts, art pieces, paintings, Islamic art samples like blue ceramics, and other cultural relics. Exhibitions are also frequently held, the most notable one being the 'Jewel in the Crown' exhibition which portrayed Karachi as it was under the Colonial rule, and was on display for more than a year.
Location: 7, Hatim Alvi Road, near British Consulate, Clifton.