This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is a one-of-a-kind museum in Pakistan. It is a kind of virtual observatory which regularly puts on shows about the solar system and cosmic phenomenon, with a large dome as the screen on which the slide shows/movies are presented. The hall inside is pretty comfortable, and the seats are just like real aeroplane seats. The shows are interesting and captivating for a first-time viewer, but, unfo...
Suomenlinna is a Finnish island that has a military history associated to it. This museum on the island has a model of a large ship within its confines, and other military artifacts from the 18th century. It is built after the name of General Augustin Ehrensvärd, who had supervised the construction of the Sea Fortress. Admission fees are 3 Euros for adults and 1 Euro for children. Opening ...
the largest, and arguably one of the most famous squares in Berlin. It historically had markets so was an important square for many centuries. In World War II, almost all of the area was bombed but it has been beautifully restored. All public transport lines now have stops here and the TV tower rises up from the center. The Fernsehturm (or TV asparagus, as the Berliners call it) is 368m tall and h...
There is no dearth of attractions for children in Delhi. With parks aplenty, museums of varied nature and theater for kids where you're bound to find something of their choice, there's never a dull moment for your little ones. Be sure to check out these places for they're as compelling for adults as well! Shankar's International Dolls Museum This fascinating collection of dolls from ar...