This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This shrine was built in honor of the Emperor and Empress Meiji in 1920. These royals were credited with making Japan more extroverted and opening it up to foreigners. This Shinto shrine is magnificent- the gates leading to the shrine known as Torii in Japanese are 1700 years old and are made of extravagant cypress. The structure itself is also composed of Japanese cypress with green copper roofs ...
With over 2500 paintings, a free tour of the gallery on the weekends and free audio guides, this is the perfectly family friendly especially with teenage kids and when traveling on a budget. Admission throughout the week is free. Location : Merrion Square West, Dublin Contact : 01-661-5133 Website : www.nationalgallery.ie ...
This is a world famous museum and a storehouse of significant archeological finds from different locations within Greece. A number of collections are worth seeing and give a deep understanding of Greek history. The Mycenaean Antiquities collection is stunning and the most famous piece within it is the supposed mask of Agamemnon and excavated royal tombs along with intricately carved miniatures. Th...
Tel: 4215616 Price: Rs 299 Opening Time: 8am-8pm A white tower in the old town, this place has views at 61.88m high – 213 steps above the city. There is also a Shiva shrine right at the very top. ...