This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Built in 1847, this museum has the most important and comprehensive collection of Hungarian artefacts and relics. Starting from the history of the Carpathian Basin, you move through the Magyar tribes’ exhibit and follow the shaping of Hungary from the conquest of the Basin to the end of communism. In the basement, artefacts from Roman and medieval times are displayed and in other rooms you can fin...
Beijing Aquarium This is an inland aquarium which exhibits numerous species of under water creatures. Dolphin shows take place daily and are a highlight of this aquarium. A panda house is located nearby as well. Timings: Daily 9 A.M- 4 30 P.M Admission: Y 110 [Adults]; Y 60 [children]- includes admission fee for Beijing Zoo Address: Gaoliang Qiao Xiejie 18 B Tel: 010-6217-6655 &nbs...
A fortress built in the 17th century with additions in the 18th, which was used as a prison where several political prisoners were executed. It is now used as a Communication Tower for the Anella Olafampica. ...
It is not really possible to see the whole city within a day, but you can still catch some of the main attractions if you start early and plan accordingly. The Choirokoitia settlement is one of the main places to visit in Larnaca and you can do so if you start very early in the day. The settlement will keep you occupied until lunch time when you can head back to the main city and grab some traditi...