This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Jackson Park was designed by legendary landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted in 1871. It was the main site for the 1893 Columbian Exhibition, but little evidence remains as all the buildings have been demolished since. Jackson Park was originally supposed to be part of a grand South Park, encompassing both it and Washington Park, connected by a canal running through the Midway Plai...
this free museum is located just off Imam Khomeini Street and is open 8am-4pm on weekdays. It is also known as the telephone, post and telegraph ministry museum and displays a large collection of stamps and memorabilia. ...
Commissioned by Asad Pasha in the 1750s, this cathedral is a truly magnificent piece of architecture. It comprises of eight domes and a round aperture with gigantic piers and arches. This spacious area is also well illuminated with natural light. Timings: Saturday- Thursday 8 A.M- 2 P.M Admission: Free Address: South of Ummayad Mosque Tel: None ...
This is the historic post office was built in the 19th century European style and features an enormous portrait of the former president Ho Chi Minh. The crowds inside consist of mostly visitors rather than actual customers. Location: 2 Cong Xa Paris, District 1 Tel: (08) 824 4244. ...