This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is the biggest cultural collection in the country and includes everything from a Tram museum to a theater, bar, café, club and galleries. Multiple events happen at the same time so the place is always buzzing with excitement! The work on display exhibits Finnish art and culture to its fullest and attracts a big crowd during peak seasons. Location: Töölönkatu 51 Phone: +358 504 072 ...
a definite highlight of any amount of time spent in Tehran, this museum houses a vast array of jewels and jewellery enough to boggle anyone’s mind as to their value. Admission is 30000 IR, and it is open 2pm-4:30pm Saturdays-Tuesdays. It is located in the basement of the Bank Melli on Ferdosi street, just north of Imam Khomeini square. The massive collection of jewels come from the Shahs of th...
Once the site of the Korean Air Force Academy, it symbolizes the Air Force. The word Boramae means Hawk. The park is spread out on 360,000 square meters and has sports facilities as well as a small zoo. It also has a huge pond that spreads out to 9000 square meters and has well planned walking paths. The pond is surrounded by willow trees and benches and is very popular, especially during summer a...
Heritage Village includes a small museum displaying ancient artifacts from several archaeological sites dating as far back as 550 BC. The Village also displays and sells traditional crafts, pottery, woven goods and Bedouin jewelry. There is a small souk where visitors can drink coffee and sample traditional Arabic bread. There are also archaeological remains dating from the 6th century. Divin...