This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The timings of this jet fountain are from sunset to midnight, Wednesdays through Sundays. It is simply a divine sight at sunset, and can be seen from miles afar - you can even see it from the Seaview coastline, which is a long way down the coast - but the real experience is at close range. Having 18 floodlights to illuminate it against the night sky, and throwing water upwards to a height of...
For the Beatles and John Lennon fans in particular this museum will be a rare treat. Opened in 2000 under the patronage of Lennon’s wife Yoko Ono- the Museum showcases the life of this musician; his personal life as a husband and father, as well as his life as a musician and as a protestor. Pieces include lyrics hand-written by Lennon himself, his jacket, passport, his glasses and guitars. Tim...
In the late eighteenth century, royal art collections across Europe were being nationalized and put on display for the public. The British were late to the party and calls for the establishment of a national art gallery went unfulfilled. The spectacular painting collection of former Prime Minister Robert Walpole wound up sold to Russia in 1777. Finally, in 1824, the National Gallery was establis...
The place embraces you into a distinctive galaxy and kaleidoscope of colors, elegance and magnificence. This largest indoor theme park of Australia provides you the opportunity to enjoy some of the most luxuriously designed amusement rides and other associated activities. The place through its festive portico and fabulous adventures transports you into a fun land which is simply beyond your wildes...