This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: south end of the Chahar Bagh Khaju Avenue, near the Khaju Square The second of the two most popular bridges in Isfahan, the Khaju is known for its masterfully designed sitting spaces that offer direct contact with the flowing Zayandeh River. The bridge was commissioned in 1650 by Shah Abbas II, and served as both bridge and dam. It links the Zoroastrian neighborhood in the south ...
Address: Central Mosque, Medeu District, Almaty The large turquoise-blue dome visible from quite a distance beckons the faithful to prayer five times a day. As you get closer, you will begin to notice how refreshingly different the white marble mosque looks from all the grey Soviet-style architecture around the city. The 5 tall, blue-topped minarets, the calligraphy on the exterior facades, ...
A peaceful village which has brightly painted houses lining the canals. As this village’s fishing based economy dwindled, the residents took to lace making to earn a living. As soon as you enter the village, by the time you reach the Piazza Galuppi, the main square you would have passed dozens of stalls of lace vendors. These ladies are very proud of their unique product so they don’t offer great ...
Baalbek is perhaps Lebanon’s greatest treasure. During Greek and Roman times it was known as Heliopolis, or City of the Sun, though the area had been settled for thousands of years prior. It was made part of the Roman Empire in 64BC as General Pompey conquered the region. Construction of the Temple of Jupiter began shortly thereafter, and the city began to grow because of its location on import...