Address: 181 Zheltoksan Street, Almaty
Phone: +7 727 2505000
Fax: + 7 727 2582100
The most luxurious, and most expensive, five-star hotel in town, situated opposite the Presidential Palace at the Republic Square, right in the heart of the city.
This hotel is the first choice for ambassadors and international business delegates because of its excellent service.
The hotel underwent a recent renovation in 2008, after which it now contains, on 11 floors, 185 single- and 67 double-bed rooms, including 92 non-smoking rooms, and 9 executive and 2 presidential suites.
All rooms and suites contain individually controlled air-conditioning/heating systems, rollaway beds, ironing boards, in-room safes, and bathrooms with robes, tubs and hairdryers.
Each room and suite is also equipped with a work desk with lamp, dual telephone lines, high-speed internet, color television, and in-room movies, on demand.
A full kitchen, with a microwave, coffee/tea-maker, and mini-bar is also available in most rooms.
Being a standard international hotel, the Intercontinental provides most modern fitness facilities to guests.
A health and fitness center located within the premises contains a gym operating from 6am to 12am daily. An off-site fitness center contains a tennis and golf course.
The Ankara Spa is sure to spoil you with its sauna, indoor pool, and Turkish whirlpool baths, and a massage facility with a range of exotic oils and ointments.
1. Asian Café: the primary diner for the hotel’s residents and visitors. Start your day with an energizing buffet breakfast, talk over a decent afternoon lunch with some corporate colleagues, and spend the evening enveloped in a candle-lit, musical atmosphere while passing winks and smiles at your date. Try the Chicken Teriyaki and Fajitas.
2. Bosphorus Restaurant: try authentic Turkish specialties in this enchanting restaurant straight out of the Arabian Nights. The décor, the music, the smells – everything magical, everything Turkish. The best place to sit is the summer terrace, which offers a breathtaking view of the mountains, the beautiful backdrop to the city. Menu specials include kebabs and mezzes, with a pleasant assortment of seafood and vegetarian varieties also available.
3. Belvedere Grill Room: the rooftop restaurant! Come for the panoramic views of the city’s skyline at night. A delightful menu of French and international food, including grilled bass and prawn. Relax after the meal with a light whiskey and cigar, your feet on the sofa, and your eyes on the sparkling city lights below.
4. Lobby Lounge and Atrium Bar: open all day. The trendy fast food and drinks joint for the man or woman in action. Grab a burger, salad, pizza or sandwich, and push it down your throat with a quick wine, any mixed drink, or beer.
5. Tennis Bar: located out in the hotel’s garden, this restaurant prepares some of the best seafood barbecue including sharks, prawns, and trout. Chicken breast and kebabs are also a specialty. A homemade margarita or lemonade makes a perfect accompanying drink.
6. J-Bar: the evening hangout spot for young and old alike. Grab a quick snack and drink and relax to the sound of live jazz, or watch a sports match on the large plasma screen TV.
Meetings & Events:
The hotel contains a total of four meeting spaces, including the largest indoor multifunctional meeting/event space in the city, as well as the city’s largest ballroom, with a capacity of 700 (reception style). Two smaller meeting rooms are available, with the seating capacity of the smallest at 34.
All meeting rooms are equipped with audiovisual amenities like DVD players, overhead and LCD projectors, microphones, and flipcharts and writing boards with markers/dusters.
A Business Center is available 24 hours of the day for the hotel’s corporate clientele, with photocopying, fax, email, PC’s and printing facilities.
Four on-site trained sales and management experts are available to assist you in planning and executing your business event.