This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: inside the Abbasi Hotel, Chahar Bagh Avenue Timings: 9am to 5pm The Abbasi Hotel houses a splendid museum that displays some of the most beautifully restored specimens of the Holy Quran. The samples are done in a variety of calligraphic styles, including the popular Nakshi, Kufic, and Mohaqqiq, and exhibit the changes that occurred in the fonts as time passed. A Special section ...
One of the most popular destinations in Helsinki for concerts and congress events, Finlandia Hall is a marvel for its superb architectural design. Put together by the renowned Alvar Alto, the building is worth a visit just to marvel at the beautiful shapes and geometry that has been put to work in its creation. Multiple dinners and social events are also organized here. The place is a must see at ...
Tel: (02) 9281 6863. E-mail: email@example.com Opening hours: Daily 0930-1700. Admission: A$6. ...
Once the home of the working class, it is a bohemian area that has the Medborgarplatsen or the Citizens’ Square which is surrounded by restaurants and pubs. ...