This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Megarama cinemaplex has several theatres showing different films in English, Arabic and French. Address: Boulevard de la Corniche, Ain Diab, 20000 Casablanca Tel: +212 22 79 88 88 ...
Visiting Thulhaadhoo is important because this is where the traditional art of incised lacquer decoration is widely produced. Thulhaadhoo is the only island in Maldives doing lacquer work and many people come here to watch trained artists at work. This island is one of the inhabited islands of Baa Atoll and has been reclaimed by the government recently. Rasdhoo Madivaru For a thrilling scub...
What better way to spend the day than to make a trip to the Dublin Zoo, spread over 60 acres and divided into different regions like the Artic zone, plains of Africa and the Indian Rainforest. It houses elephants, tigers, orangutans, chimpanzees, giraffes and many more exotic and endangered species. The zoo is definitely family friendly with rest stops, nursing stations, food outlets and kiosks. K...
Suomenlinna is a Finnish island that has a military history associated to it. This museum on the island has a model of a large ship within its confines, and other military artifacts from the 18th century. It is built after the name of General Augustin Ehrensvärd, who had supervised the construction of the Sea Fortress. Admission fees are 3 Euros for adults and 1 Euro for children. Opening ...