This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Saint Stephen's Green was a common area on the outskirts of Dublin when it was walled in in 1664. In the 18th and 19th centuries the are surrounding the park was built up with Georgian style buildings that were home to the city's best off. Unfortunately, many of those buildings have been demolished since then. In 1877, the Green was opened to the public by an act of Parliament, t...
The museum itself is in a small house in the inner city. The Fakirs were an important family during the Sikh rule of Punjab in the 1700s. Fakir was an ascetic and his sons took over in his role as an important member and minister in the court of the Sikh ruler Ranjit Singh. This small museum showcases the history of Lahore and contains important pieces such as relics from the Prophet Muhammad’s (P...
Hangngnaameedhoo Thila is 150 m long with hordes of various sea creatures. Broken Rock Thila is around 100 meters long and houses fusiliers, trevallies and blue-lined snappers. Hukuruelhi Faru, a great dive spot, is a fantastic manta ray cleaning station. The dive site can be reached easily from Rangali, within 10 minutes by boat, and from Mirihi Island, within 35 minutes. In the north corner...
Located north of the Marwa and Safa hills for Sayi, this is a small house with old architecture which is kept shut. On it a board reads Maktab Makkah Al Mukarramah. Posters in five languages are placed outside its locked doors by the Saudi authorities (hence confirming its authenticity) saying that “the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) did not want people to see his place of birth”....