This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Among high rise grey communal buildings is this small refreshing oasis in the eastern side of Bucharest. Titan Park is a small quite piece of land that serves as a breather for the locals after they come back from work. The park also has a small wooden church in its premises together with small lake side clubs. ...
This world famous museums includes not only 19 museums but also research centers around the city. Ten of these museums span an area from 3rd to 14th streets between Constitution Avenue and Independnece Avenue, almost a mile. So be warned and make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes when visiting the museums. The Smithsonian includes National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of the...
60,000 m² large area, contains baroque buildings as well as samples of modern architecture. Houses installations from large art museums like the Leopold Museum and the MUMOK (Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna). It also houses the Tanzquartier, a well-built centre for dance, the Architektur Zentrum Wien and other art-related attractions. ...
Bringing together history and style, the Classic Cars Museum collects, preserves and exhibits vehicles and informative books related to the evolution of transportation in the UAE. The museum currently exhibits 25 rare classic and heritage cars collected from different parts of the UAE that have been used in the last 40 years. You can also find other things like vintage toys, historical photogr...