This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The most extensive collection of Punic and Roman artifacts in housed in the Carthage Museum. From everyday items to kitchen utensils to antique jewelry and the clay masks that the Punic designed, everything that remained after the city was in flames for 17 days has been preserved here at the museum. Tourists are awed by the collection and one can’t help picture the fall of Carthage in 146 BC. ...
One of the best places to take children in Sharjah is the Sharjah Desert Park. The Arabian Wildlife Centre offers a Children’s Farm (531 1127, noon-4pm, Dh5 on weekends) where children can pet and feed goats, ducks and ride ponies and camels. The Natural History Museum might also be a good draw card for your children as well as Qanat al-Qasba with the Eye of the Emirates and go-kart track (see Pla...
Water puppet theatre is an ancient art form in Vietnam which appeals to all ages. These shows are colorful, entertaining and accompanied by traditional Vietnamese music. It’s advisable to book tickets in advance for the best seats. The show is performed throughout the week, three times on a Sunday and twice Monday through Saturday. Tel: +4 3936 4335 ...
This consists of a private collection of thousands of pieces of art dating back to the Neolithic era. Treasures stored here range from gold goblets to intricate textiles, to bronze statues to entire rooms from Greek mansions in the 1700s. A new section of the Museum is the Benaki collection of Islamic Art. Timings: Daily [except Tuesday] Address: 1 Koumbari Admission: 6 EUR Te...