This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Lake of Tunis is one of the city’s most distinguishable sites. Located in the most posh district of Les Berges du Lac which itself means “the bank of the lake”, the lake is a very attractive site for strolls, picnics and relaxation. Many of the coffee houses located nearby offer seating in balconies overlooking the Tunis Lake. ...
The Underground City is a unique complex of shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas, boutiques, and offices underneath Downtown Montreal. It was the brainchild of urbanist Vincent Ponte. The first section was built in 1962 beneath new skyscraper construction on the site of an old railyard. The subterranean network has been expanding ever since, most recently in 2003 with the develop...
The city’s most popular pedestrianized area, the Sabana Grande is focused on a one-mile long boulevard. Absolutely no vehicular entry is allowed – a law that is strictly imposed only in this locality in Caracas. The boulevard is popular for its many chic boutiques dotted along here and there – lots of variety, plenty of bargains, and quite a number of pickpockets! The eateries and coffee sh...
Located north of the National Monument, the official residence and office of the Indonesian president is open to the public on weekends for free. ...