This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
is a wide garden complex with a structure on the hill of el Carmel designed by Gaudy. ...
Little Tokyo and Chinatown are the Japanese and Chinese cultural centers of California. Declared a National Historic Landmark District, it boasts the David Henry Hwang Theatre, numerous restaurants, wagashi shops, specialty stores, and the Japanese Village Plaza. ...
This museum plays tribute to Tareq Rajab, the first Kuwaiti to be sent abroad to study art and archaeology. He met his wife Jehan Wellborne while studying in the UK and the two got married in 1955, and then returned to Kuwait where Rajab was appointed as the first Director of the Department of Antiquities and Museums in Kuwait. The museum is a collection of items and artefacts collected by Rajab a...
In the south of the country lies the heart shaped Addu Atoll from where travelers, from Gan can cycle to three inhabited islands via a causeway. Addu Atoll is the main economic and administrative centre in the south of the country and is just a little smaller than Male’. It has a population of 28, 000 across seven islands. The biggest influence on Addu’s modern history has been the British bases, ...