This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The tour allows you to enjoy the opportunity of discovering the beauty of nature at the same time enhance your botanical knowledge by having exposure to over 10,000 different species of flora. Covering an enormous area of 38 hectares this place where you are accompanied with a travel guide allows you to educate yourself and enjoy the dazzling surroundings simultaneously. Address: Observatory ...
This botanical garden, that’s the symbol of the suburb it is named after, houses over 5000 species of plant. Designed by order of Prince Regent Dom Joao in 1808, it’s a quiet place on weekdays but busier on weekends when families come and there is an outdoor cafe. Address: Rua Jardim Botanico 920, Jardim Botanico Tel: 2294 9349 Opening Time: 8am-5pm ...
The Jumeirah Mosque is a stunning example of Islamic architecture. It is built in the medieval Fatimid style using modern building techniques and is widely considered to be the finest mosque in Dubai. Free guided tours are held every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 10:00. No prior booking is needed and the tours are open to non-Muslims. Visitors should still be d...
Founded in 1967, Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art features a large collection of modern art from World War II to the present. The current modernist building, designed by German architect Josef Paul Kleihues, opened in 1996 and in terms of square footage was the largest museum of modern art in the world. The highlight of the building is the main staircase, which leads to the beautif...