This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Old Eastern Gate of the city, though not as impressive as Namdaemun, it is still a good site to check out just so you can tell your friends that you've visited so many places. The nearby Dongdaemun Market is much more attractive though! ...
This beautiful forest reserve is spread over 80 acres and has more than 300 species of trees from Kenya. It is a beautiful place to walk around in and absorb the sounds and sights of pure nature. Arboretum Road (off State House Road) Tel: +254 (2) 749957 ...
Robert Edmond Grant was the first Professor of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy in Britain. Upon arrival at University College in London, he discovered that there were no specimens to aid his teaching. He began to assemble a collection and the museum was started in 1827. Grant went on to become one of the founders of modern zoology and had a heavy influence on Charles Darwin. The muse...
St Joseph's Cathedral, also known as Nha Tha Lon, is the oldest Roman Catholic Church in Hanoi and was consecrated on the night of Christmas in 1886. Built by the French on the site of a demolished pagoda; St Joseph's Cathedral is known simply as the "Big Church" among the Vietnamese of Hanoi and is designed to resemble the Notre Dame in Paris. Address: Nha Chung Street, Hanoi ...