This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: Shevchenko Street, Almaty Timings: Mondays to Fridays 10 am to 4 pm Part of the Zoology Research Institute under the Academy of Sciences, this place acts as a lab and archival record as well as a public display facility. It contains two major sections – the Zoology section and the Paleontology Section. The Zoology Section contains a huge variety of stuffed and preserved animals...
The Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya is housed in the Palau Nacional, a magnificent showcase of paintings and sculptures from Catalan. ...
Opened in 1999, this museum is undoubtedly one of the top sites in Riyadh. The museum is infused with the latest technology and is very accessible to visitors, with almost everything available in English. There are a vast number of video presentations and mini-theatres for the dedicated museum enthusiast to spend an entire day doing virtual tours of Madain Salih or watching re-enactments of the Pr...
Irma Stern is arguably South Africa’s most celebrated artist. The museum opened in her house pays homage to her by exhibiting her work depicting African people and their lives the continent over, and her collection of African artifacts from the same region. Timings: Tues- Sat 10 A.M- 5 P.M Admission: R 10 Address: Cecil Road, Rosebank Tel: 021-685-5686 ...