This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Fushifaru Thila, one of the many sites of the Fushifaru region, is a picturesque diving site. The sea here is calm but there’s a lot of movement happening underneath with fabulous coral and fish species. The thila is nearly 250 m long and 30 m wide, with the reef sides sloping gently from the reef-top at 10 to 15 m to the atoll bed at 30 m, the top of the thila is the best part of the site with ex...
Plaza (palace) of the government has been home to the Prime Minister, Finance Minister and the Foreign Ministry ever since the Independence of Tunisia. The place is worth a visit with its nicely trimmed gardens and the dominating building amidst them. To the west of the Plaza is the Mosque of Kasbah built in the 13th century with square shaped minarets that beautify the place. On the other side of...
Address: inside the Abbasi Hotel, Chahar Bagh Avenue Timings: 9am to 5pm The Abbasi Hotel houses a splendid museum that displays some of the most beautifully restored specimens of the Holy Quran. The samples are done in a variety of calligraphic styles, including the popular Nakshi, Kufic, and Mohaqqiq, and exhibit the changes that occurred in the fonts as time passed. A Special section ...
In order to govern and administer the district of Frederiksberg, the town hall was founded between 1942-53. It includes a wedding room, an auditorium, library and assembly room. The lofty tower measuring 60 metres can be viewed from the rooftops of Copenhagen. Especially arranged for tourists, there is a guided tour on the first Saturday of every month at 1 pm. Address: 1-3, Smallegade Te...