The Fisherman’s Bastion is a medieval looking stronghold that offers impressive views of the city, fitting as it was built as a viewing platform in 1905. The name comes from a medieval guild of fishermen who were responsible for defending that part of the wall. The seven white turrets represent the Magyar tribes that first entered the Carpathian Basin in the late 9th century. In front of the bastion is a statue to St Stephen.
Time: 9am-11pm mid Mar-mid-Oct, free the rest of the year
Prices: adult/child 400/200Ft