This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Pigeon Rocks are huge natural formations off the coast of the Corniche andone of the symbols of Beirut. They stand out like sentinels in the sea. Walking and jogging on this seaside promenade are popular activities. There are a number of restaurants serving local and foreign cuisines and cafés offering a variety of snacks. The shores near Pigeon Rocks have yielded the oldest evidence we ...
The best place to be if you're a kid is at the palaces as there is just so much to see which is of interest to kids. Whether it's the turtles and gold fishes at the small ponds, or it's a visit to the museums, children will love it all. The Samsung Kids Museum is sure to get the kids excited about the visit to this superb city and the fireworks festivals are sure to light up their day. The Childre...
Johannesburg is a great place for kids! The Joburg Zoo is sure to make them gape in wonder at the hordes of animals there, or perhaps the Zoo Lake would be more to their liking. The Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens are a great place to have fun while learning about the various forms of plant life found there. The Montecasino Bird Gardens are also great to tell kids about the hundreds of sp...
From its completion in 2000 until 2006, the London Eye was the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. One of several iconic projects built to celebrate the year 2000 (along with the Millennium Dome and the Millenium Bridge), it has become a symbol of London in the twenty-first century. The eye features 32 capsules, each representing one of London’s boroughs and capable of holding up to 25 people. Owing t...