This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Botanical Gardens were established in 1864 by the French and were once the finest in all of Asia. Tropical plants and trees are a huge attraction here. location: Nguyen Binh Khiem, District 1 Tel: (08) 829 3728. ...
This gate located at Isartorplatz is one of the most well known landmarks of Munich. This tower was part of a wall that surrounded Munich and protected it from invaders....
Montmartre, located in the 18th arrondissement, is one of Paris’ most famous neighborhoods and its tallest point. At the summit of the hill are two famous churches: the Sacre-Coeur Basilica and Saint Pierre de Montmarte. The former is a popular landmark, and the latter is allegedly the birthplace of the Jesuit order. Sacre-Coeur is relatively new, consecrated in 1918.&...
On a visit to Nairobi, if one does not have the time for a Kenyan Safari, then a trip to this National Park will satisfy the urge to feel and see the wonders of the Safari. The Park is fenced on the Nairobi side but open from the other to allow all the game to come freely through it. It has trees, parks, water bodies, deep gorges and observation points, like the Impala point, from where one can s...