• Location: Frankfurt has a very attractive location. It is set beautifully on an ancient ‘ford’ (which is the place where a river may be crossed) on the River Main. 524km in length, this river crosses a lot of major German cities, including Bavaria. The city is in the heart of the ‘Rhine’ which is the largest metropolitan region in Germany.
• Dialing codes: country code: +49, city code to Frankfurt: +69
• Emergency (police or ambulance): 112
• Airport enquiry: 1. Frankfurt Hahn (HHN): (06543) 509 200.
2.Flughafen Frankfurt/Main (FRA): (069) 6900
• Population: 667330
• Density: 2638 per sq km
• Language: The official language is German but English is also widely used by the people, followed by Spanish and Italian since 25.4% of the population is comprised of non Germans.
• Total spread of the city: Frankfurt covers a total area of 248.31 sq km and rises to an elevation of 112m.
• Time zone: CET/CEST(UTC+1/+2)
• Annual rainfall: 640mm
• Highest summer temperature: 33.6 °C.
• Lowest winter temperature: -10°C.