This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Although it may not seem that way at first, Buenos Aires is an extremely safe and child friendly city. There are many child-friendly eateries and lots of parks to explore. Porteños adore children; you are bound to get into some interesting conversations with the locals that never would have happened if not for your little ones. Keeping the kids busy for hours will not be difficult in Buenos Aires....
Winter is the last thing that comes to mind on a sweltering 45 degree afternoon in Dubai. Unless of course you happen to be at Ski Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates, the first and largest indoor snow park in the world. This is another of Dubai's zany wonders. Enjoy five runs of varying difficulty, height, and gradient. The longest is over 400m with a 60m drop, and skis and ...
The Red Fort is a massive curtain wall which dominates the skyline of New Delhi. It was built in 1648 and became the living quarters of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, who mandated the construction of his other palace the Taj Mahal. The Red Fort is particularly spectacular in its design because of its flawless balance and proportion followed by its intricate decoration. Such beauty is further...
this multimedia presentation gives a good background to the city and is recommended if you are not one for reading. Open daily 10am-8pm, Telephone: 887 20 100. Admission is about €10 per person but cheaper fares for groups can be sought. Very clear and informative ...