This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is a fantastic aquarium in South Africa and perhaps the world over. It will definitely be one of the most memorable experiences for adults and children alike. Some of the most stunning views of the most rare and beautiful species of fish and white sharks amidst the deep red coral reef are afforded by this aquarium. Over three thousand species of sea creatures are on display here. In add...
The Souk Al Tayeb is Beirut’s first farmer’s market and is a great place to get a feel for the city. Every Saturday, residents and visitors converge at this open-air market. Organic fruits and vegetables, traditional dishes, flowers, and much more are available. This souk brings everyone together and serves as a meeting place for producers, bankers, farmers, and housewives. It’s a platform for di...
Located on the Grand Canal and housed in a late Renaissance palace, these two museums have an impressive collection of art. The first collection is the Museo d'Arte Moderna or the Museum of Modern Art. Here numerous works of art are displayed, most of which have been bought during Venice's own Biennale over the years. The artists displayed include Chagall, Kandinsky, Klimt, Miró, Henry Moore, Umbe...
Address: past the Medeu Ice Skating Rink and Medeu Dam, up the same trail Reception: +7 (3272) 58 19 99 Fax: +7 (3272) 58 20 30 Timings: open November to April/May Located at 2300 meters above sea level, this is a romantic little resort and hotel complex that perfectly terminates your breathtaking journey up the mountainside. From here you can go off on hike trails in different direc...