This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Casablanca Twin Center is a bold piece of architecture that represents a modern and enterprising Casablanca. Reaching a height of 100m, this building is a vibrant commercial center. The tower houses offices, dwellings and commercial establishments, the latter on the first five floors. Terraces, bars and restaurants occupy the top floor. Three basement car parks provide ample parking. Address: B...
The Houston Museum of Natural Science is located in Hermann Park and hosts over 2 million visitors a year. It has four floors of natural science halls and exhibits, a planetarium, butterfly center and IMAX theatre. Throughout the year, the museum hosts numerous special events and exhibits. Address: 5401 Caroline Street, Museum District Tel: (713) 942 8000. Website: www.hmn...
For an artistic experience visit the Camp X which is a theatre featuring English as well as international artists. On weekdays its timings are between 2 pm till 6 pm while on weekends it’s open for the general public from 2 pm to 4 pm. Address: Smallegade 2 & Frederiksberg Allé 102 (Next to City Hall) Telephone: +45 70 20 10 31 ...
This is the best place to ‘hang around’ and get a feel of Nairobi while you walk its broad tree lined roads with flowers giving color and life to this buzzing street. Within walking distance from this avenue are the old colonial buildings including Parliament House, Nairobi City Hall, museums and other places of interest. Many shops with traditional crafts, especially in the Masaii market ar...