This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Wild Wadi is a water-theme park spread over 12 acres and featuring 23 exciting rides. Visitors sitting on rubber rings are pushed to the top by high powered water jets. They then come sliding down the flumes for a gentle entry into the temperature- controlled water. Numerous lifeguards patrolling all the rides make even the timidest person take them head on. Prices include the use of ...
One of the largest and most popular spots in Karachi, consisting of an amusement park, an adjoining water park, and a shopping mall. The amusement park has plenty of rides and other attractions for families, and ticket prices are quite reasonable. Entrance is only granted to families/couples. The water park has a water slide which is reputed to be the largest in Asia. The Aladdin shopping are...
Tel: (02) 9281 3300. Website: www.imax.com.au Opening hours: Daily 1000-2300. Admission: A$16 for 2D films, A$17 for 3D; concessions available. ...
Built in 1896 from lime-covered coral along Dubai Creek, this was the home of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum. It was actually built by his father so he could observe the shipping lane from his balcony. The sheikh lived here during his rule, from 1921 to 1958. The whole complex has been completely restored and renovated. It is a national monument and a museum, with photographs, jewelry, artillery, and...