This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Address: located right next to the al-Sabeen Square off 45 Meters Road. This large, gently rolling landscape marvel is the venue for frequent local fairs and events. It is Sana'a’s largest public park, and houses a colorful assortment of flowering plants, offering locals and tourists alike a relaxing environment to let go after a long day. ...
This museum was established in the memory of Shakir Ali, an art professor who taught at the prestigious National College of Art. Apart from his personal belongings which are on display, his paintings and drawings are also showcased in a gallery. In addition to his work, the art of other contemporary artists are also on display. A research library containing a wide collection of art books is locate...
If you love the nightlife then this is where you should head for. Live music, clubbing, in addition to plenty of restaurants catering to every kind of cuisine, great shopping and most of the embassies are located here. Another name for this area is Little Ethiopia for the concentration of African Americans. This is where also the Adams Morgan festival takes place. Located North of Dupont Circle...
The Underground City is a unique complex of shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas, boutiques, and offices underneath Downtown Montreal. It was the brainchild of urbanist Vincent Ponte. The first section was built in 1962 beneath new skyscraper construction on the site of an old railyard. The subterranean network has been expanding ever since, most recently in 2003 with the develop...