• Location: is located on the shore of the Gulf of Finland and is in the southern part of the country in the region called Uusimaa/Nyland by the Baltic Sea. This strategic location enables it to have close ties with Sweden, Russia and Estonia.
• Dialing codes: +358 – 9
• Emergency: Police or ambulance: 112
• Airport enquiry: Telephone: +358(0)982 771
Phone: +358(0)2001 4636
• Population: 584,420
• Density: 2,735.28/km2
• Language: the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. However, a good 85% of the people speak Finnish as their native language. Due to advancement in education and economics English is also spoken with fluency.
• Total spread of city: 715.55 km2
• Time zone: EET (UTC+2)
• Annual rainfall: 637mm
• Highest summer temperature: 23°C
• Lowest winter temperature:-7°C
• Currency: Euro