This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Tashkentland is an amusement park with rides and games. This is a good place to go to have some fun with friends and family. Location: Near Aqua Park, Tashkent TV Tower. ...
Just outside the city centre, it is famous for housing ancient Kenyan tribal and prehistoric Leakey artifacts. It also has geological exhibits and all varieties of preserved butterflies, birds and animals can be seen here. The museum has contemporary African art as well as cultural and art forms of the past. The Kikuyu homestead has been replicated and there is a snake park in the grounds of this ...
Located near Piata Unirii, Carol is a quick get away for tired tourists and over worked locals in the heart of the city. Designed in 1906, the park has a tomb, an open air theater and a small anonymous mausoleum. ...
With towers rising up to 25m, the Holy Cross is a an excellent example of fine architecture in a Roman Catholic Church. It was completed in 1929 but due to damage during World War II it was reconstructed with the help of financial grants. ...