This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Ariana Museum, also known as The Swiss Museum of Ceramics and Glass, is dedicated to the ceramic arts. It is located in the front yard of the Palais des Nations in the Parc de l'Ariana. The building was constructed between 1877 and 1884 by Gustave Revilliod to house his prodigious art collection. It was named after his mother, Ariane de la Rive. The museum was eventuall...
Chicago can boast of being a very child-friendly city with all there is for them to see and do. Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum This is the only museum that currently has two full size planetarium theatres. A permanent exhibition, Shoot for the Moon, highlights the exciting stories of space exploration and America’s bold plans to return to the moon. In Mission: Moon, young visito...
Believed to be the site of the grave of Umm Haram, the wife of Ubada bin al-Samit, Hala Sultan Tekke is a prominent shrine for Muslims. The tombs were discovered around the 18th century, and have attracted lots of visitors since. The grave and tomb has now been transformed into a magnificent mosque on its premises, with an extensive octagonal fountain structure next to it. The site is visited by t...
Address: Kök-Töbe (Green Hill) on the mountainside, southeastern suburb of Almaty A large recreational space on the foothills of the Zailysky Alatau Mountains, Kok Tobe has the perfect vantage points for observing the city at a distance, especially during the night time. Looking at the panoramic cityscape below you with all its glittering lights, with the winter winds howling in your ears while...