General Visa Info

There are three types of Egyptian visas:

Tourist Visa: This visa is usually granted for a one month stay on single or multiple entry terms. There are different methods of acquiring this visa depending on which country you are a citizen of. For instance, if you are a U.S. citizen you can obtain this visa upon arrival in Egypt . However, if you are a citizen of Lebanon , then you must obtain a visa before arriving in Egypt .

If you want to extend your stay once in Egypt , you must contact the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Egypt .

Entry Visa: An entry visa is issued for those intending to reside in Egypt as part of work or study or any other reasons not related to tourism.

Transit Visa: This visa is for people that are just passing through and whose final destination is not Egypt .

Please contact the local Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in your city for further information.