This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Around a two and a half hour drive off the western coast of Abu Dhabi lays the Arabian Gulf’s world of splendor: the Desert Islands - a collection of eight islands embracing startling landscapes, adventure and natural beauty. Desert Islands, or Jozor Al Sahra’a as it is known in Arabic, consist of Sir Bani Yas Island, Dalma Island and six Discovery Islands. Bani Yas Island: On Sir Bani Y...
The Mausoleum of Princess Aziza of the Ottoman Empire is a historically significant site in a very intrinsic way. History has it that the princess had a very generous hand for the poor and destitute and even guided the construction of a hospital. Therefore, this mausoleum is visited often by locals and tourists for its beautifully decorated walls and ceramic work. Within the mausoleum is the grave...
The original gates to the city of Muscat are located here. Tourists are able to visualize the old city of Muscat, where these gates served to protect the city from external aggression and invaders. Tourists are transported back in time and are exposed to the history of the city. Visitors also get a good view of the palace of the Sultan from this point. Remnants of old mosques, houses, wells and sp...
Ngong Ping 360 (Lantau Island) is a project of the government for tourism. It consists of a Cable Car ride and a visit to the Ngong Ping Village. The Village has various attractions and a host of shopping and dining experiences. The scenic view from the cable car is another attraction. ...