This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This stone building was constructed as the Academy of Trade and Social Sciences in 1906. After the Frankfurt University was founded, this complex was made its headquarters and the building has been remodeled for modern times as well. If you want to explore the education and research side of Frankfurt, this would be the best place to start. Address: Historical University Building &nbs...
Kukuldash Madrassa is a Quran school built by the poet and scientist Kulbobo Kukeldash during the reign of Abdulla-Khan in the 16th Century. It is one the largest and best preserved Quran schools in Central Asia. ...
the seat of government in Berlin. Built in 1894, this building has had several political scuffles and has been on the world stage so many times. Most notably, the reunification of Germany was enacted here in October 1990. The tourist crowds can be annoying so visit early or late if you wish to avoid them. Guided tours can be arranged. Telephone: 22732152 ...
Built in 1962, this 7 story high pagoda is situated next to a children’s amusement park. It holds a beautiful shrine and statues of Buddha while gardens and lakes surround it. Location: 244 Ba Thang Hai Street, District 10 ...