This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Shanghai Ocean Aquarium This fantastic aquarium showcases underwater creatures from around the globe; sharks, jelly fish, sea lions, dolphins, otters and different varieties of fish are all on exhibit here. The observation tunnel is brilliant and all that separates the visitor from these fantastic sea creatures is glass. Timings: Daily 9 A.M- 6 P.M Admission: Y 110 [Adults]; lo...
Jerash (or Gerasa as it used to be known) is one of the best preserved Roman cities outside of Rome. The area has been settled since prehistoric times, but it did not become significant until General Pompey conquered the region in 63BC. Under the Romans the city prospered due to its position on the Via Nova Traiana, a highway between Aqaba and Damascus. The population reached 20...
It’s strenuous enough to be in Makkah on your own, to have to manage kids on such a trip is a herculean task. There is not much in the way of parks, or play grounds in this city. However there is plenty of road way for your kids to run around in and play areas can be found in the larger shopping malls. But why waste this opportunity on play zones? With the amount of history in this city, why...
Apart from the engrossing experiences at the Medeu Rink, the Chimbulak Resort, the Gorky Park and the Koktyube mountainside entertainment zone, there are a few more activities around the city exclusive to children. 1. Fantasy World:Address: Abay Avenue, corner of Musrepov, Almaty A popular amusement park containing roller coasters, dodgem cars and other exciting rides for kids of ...