This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
To see Romanian architecture at its best, visit the Athenaeum concert hall one evening. The domed white building is ornate in its style and glamour and is host to various events and mega concerts in Bucharest. It was inaugurated in 1988 and today houses around 800 people at a time. In the park outside there is also a statue of a Romanian poet to depict the history that is attached to the building....
The Tung Choi Street in Kowloon is full of cheap women's wear. ...
The Oslo Cathedral is located near KarlJohans gate in Stortorvet Square. This beautiful building has been rebuilt several times, and currently serves as the main church for the Oslo bishopric. The Royal Family uses the cathedral for large events, like funerals and weddings. The organ within is impressive, with the view of Oslo from the steeple even more grand. There are several bazaars in the pavi...
The group of five columns located to the left of the St. George Maronite Cathedral, were once part of a grand colonnade of Roman Berytus. They were found in 1963. ...