This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Located in Griffith Park, the Los Angeles Zoo has eleven hundred animals that call it home. Animal exhibits include the rare California condor, chimpanzees, orangutans, koalas, birds, a monkey exhibit, and much more. The zoo is also a certified botanical garden with over 800 different plant species. ...
The Egyptian Museum holds one of the top attractions in Cairo, the Tutankhamun Galleries. The Tutankhamun Galleries is where the treasures of the boy-pharaoh Tutankhamun are held. King Tut (as he is referred to in popular culture) had no great historical significance prior to 1922, when the British Egyptologist Howard Carter found his tomb almost entirely intact in the Valley of the Kings (on the...
Barri Gottic (or The Gothic Quarter) is Barcelona's old town. The area is home to winding streets, hidden squares and gothic old buildings. Tourists can visit the Cathedral of Santa Eulalia, the Church of Santa Maria del Pi, the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, and the Picasso Museum within the Barri Gottic compound. Visitors will enjoy the trip back in time to old Barcelona. ...
This was built in the 1800s and houses some of the most interesting artifacts pertaining to South Africa. The san rock paintings are stunning as are the Lydenburg heads dating back some 1500 years. African symbols for numbers and alphabets are also on display here along with other interesting exhibits such as traditional medicines. The fossil gallery and the whale well are also fascinating and con...