This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This is the oldest souq in the UAE; its areesh (palm leaf) roof and wooden pillars have recently been restored. It also has a traditional coffeehouse where you can indulge in mint tea and dates. Opening Times: Sat-Thu 9am-1pm and 4-9pm, Fri 4-9pm ...
This is one of the most famous streets in the Innere Stadt District. Stretching from Stock-im-Eisen-Platz near the Palais Equitable to where Kohlmarkt and Tuchlauben meet, this street,due to its location and size, is famous for its year round market and its suitability for festivals and processions. ...
Located at the mouth of the Ciliwung river, this market area bustles with activities related to the sea. The Museum Bahari situated at the harbor, is housed in restored Dutch warehouses dating back to the first trading post of the Dutch East Indies. Address: Jl. Pasar Ikan 1 Jakarta, Java 14440 Indonesia Tel: 62-021-669-3406 Address: Sunda Kelapa Harbor Old Batavia Jakarta, Java ...
The Heritage Centre and Museum of Pearl Diving commemorates the culture of pearl diving. From ancient times, Bahrain’s pearls have been famed for their shine and wholesomeness; their sale brought capital to Bahrain till Japan took over the world market with their cultured pearls. The magnificent old court building, made in 1937 and turned into a museum in 1948, is definitely worth a visit. In addi...