This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Another design by Antoni Gaud and Josep Maria Jujol, built in 1905-1907. It is located at 43, Passeig de Gracia. ...
A mosque, a citadel and respective houses of Saudi Arabian, Islamic, International and Public Heritage make up the Abdulraof Khalil Museum. There are a total of 19 units and houses and 15 fountains all around the vicinity, making it an interesting area to walk around in. Address : Behind theAl-Bayan school...
A very unique museum of its kind, the award-winning Museum for Communication exhibits the various kinds of communications present in today’s world and how each evolved into its current form. The importance of communication and its history is a major field of study for specialists so this museum holds special importance in the academic arena. As a practical display, old models of fax machines, phon...
It is a historical site that marks the location where a failed coup d' etat by Partai Komunis Indonesia (Indonesian Communist Party) met its end. This is also the place where several high-ranking generals were tortured to death for not cooperating with the revolutionaries. ...