This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The first iteration of the Louvre Palace was built in the twelfth century. Originally a fortress, it was renovated many times and served many different purposes, including as the king’s residence before Versailles was built. The Louvre first opened to the public as a museum in 1793 in the midst of the French Revolution and displayed the recently seized royal collection of Louis XVI.&n...
Disney Land is the main attraction of Lantau as well as of Hong Kong. The resort is small compared to other Disney parks. Built on 300 acres it attracts millions of visitors. It has four theme areas, Main Street, Fantasyland, Adventureland and Tomorrowland. It has many fireworks shows, parades and thrilling rides. Website:www.hongkongdisneyland.com ...
Oak Park is a suburb just to the northwest of Chicago. After the Great Chicago Fire the area grew rapidly because of its location along the railroad. In 1902 it was incorporated, becoming independent from the town of Cicero. Today it is one of Chicago's nicest suburbs, with broad tree lined streets and large older homes. There is quite a bit to see here. Oak Park was h...
Switzerland is famous for toys ranging from trains to wooden carved toys and the Zurich Toy Museum and Franz Carl Weber, the toy store, should be part of any visit to the city when you have children in tow. The Zoological Garden – This state-of-the-art zoo will be of great interest to children. Particularly noteworthy are the Madagascar pavilion and the elephant house which is sure to intrigue...