This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Reliant Astrodome, known simply as the Astrodome, is fondly called 'the eighth wonder of the world', and has been home to The Astros, a Major League baseball team. Designed by engineer Jack Boyd Buckley, it is a multi-purpose stadium designed for both baseball and football. It is most known for the artificial grass used called Astroturf. Website: www.reliantpark.com/relianta...
The top sight of the city, Old Al-Balad city is the reflection of historic Jeddah. Although the wall has been torn down years ago, it represents the way of living of old arabs in its buildings and the tile and woodwork done in them, if you are interested in old architecture and workmanship on wood and calligraphy, this is the place you have to see. You will also find souks and coral houses in this...
A place worth visiting, the Sao Paolo Zoo has over 3,000 different kinds of animals, including several endangered species. The zoo has a lake in its center containing the monkey islands, which must not be missed. Address: Av. Miguel Stéfano 4241, Água Funda, Parque do Estado Tel: 011-5073-0811 Timings: Tuesday-Sunday, 9am-5pm Entry fee: R$10 ...
The historical museum built in 1929 consists of a wide collection of artifacts depicting over 2,000 years of Vietnamese history from ancient dynasties to independence. Location: Nguyen Binh Khiem, District 1 Tel: (08) 829 8146. ...