This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Marine Museum has a collection of live and fossilized fish on display. The Museum is convieniently located next to the Red Sea, so that college students and the like can use their boats fully equipped for travel, studies and research. Address : North Ubhor ...
the landmark and icon of Tehran, the Azadi tower is located to the west of the city. Its unique shape and surrounding parks and museum make it a tourist drawcard. Built in 1971 to commemorate the 2500th year of the Persian empire. ...
This gallery has a permanent art collection of 19th-20th century pieces from Rodin, Jorge Vieira and Jose de Almada Negreiros. Check the website for upcoming exhibitions. Tel: +213 432 148 Website: www.museudochiado-ipmuseus.pt Address: Rua Serpa Pinto 4 Opening Times: 10am-6pm Tue-Sun Admission Prices: adult/under 14yr/concession €4/free/2.50, admission free 10am-2pm on Sundays ...
The International Spy Museum opened in July 2002 is the largest public collection of spy- related paraphernalia and exhibits on some of the most prominent spies in history. It provides a global perspective on a unique and ‘invisible’ profession that has moulded history and continues to impact world events. It gives an insight on some of the most secretive espionage missions in world history and...