This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Known for its State Art Gallery that has over 5,000 works of art old and new, the Estado is a haven for art lovers. The restaurant here is also worth checking out. Address : Praça da Luz 2, Centro Tel : 011-3229-9844 Timings : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm Entry fee : R$4; Saturdays free. ...
This museum is small and only a few collections are on display, but they are a must see. The museum sheds light on Muscat and Oman’s geography and geology. Plants and animals common to the area are on exhibit with a specific hall devoted to marine species and wildlife. An amazing exhibit is that of a skeleton of a sperm whale found in Muscat about 30 years ago. The botanical gardens are also lovel...
Address: the main boulevard beside the Naqsh e Jahan Square complex, parallel to and west of Ostandari Street. A beautiful, wide, tree lined boulevard that stretches from west of the Naqsh e Jahan Square down past the Isfahan Palace Complex, and onto the Si-o-Seh Pol, leading towards the Armenian Quarters of Jolfa to the south. It forms today the main pedestrian and vehicular artery within th...
Located beneath the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, this aquarium features aquatic life and animals from Malaysia and around the world. Exhibits include depictions of the Malaysian jungle, from the highlands down to the ocean. There is also a plentiful collection of reptiles, insects, amphibians, and small mammals (otters, large rodents, etc.). More than 20,000 animals from 250 d...