This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Hours: Feb-Dec daily 10am-5pm; Jan daily 10am-10pm Location: Great South and Wiri Station rds., Manukau City Transportation: Take the Manukau motorway exit 15 min. south of Auckland and drive 400m (1,312 ft.) to the end of the Rainbow Phone: 0800/438-672 in NZ, 09/262-2030 Fax: 09/262-1958 ...
This museum is an extensive display of the Goethe Age and is in commemoration of the greatest German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. It shows pictures and paintings from German artists belonging to various time periods, which depict changing traditions and cultures. It also has an extensive library of literature and historical texts. Adjacent to the museum is the Goethehaus, which was the home ...
A must stop for tourists; this gallery showcases the works of Abdur Rehman Chughtai, the national painter of Pakistan. He dabbled in a number of arts and styles but is best known for his water color paintings. Chughtai’s paintings are beautiful and his work is easily recognized. The subjects in his paintings are delicate and it was the manner in which he drew their eyes that became his signature t...
The Premises is a superb exhibition theater that plays hosts to numerous exhibitions throughout the year, be it performing arts or fine arts. It is one of the most creative and contemporary looking exhibition centers in the city. Address: Civic Theatre, Loveday Street, Braamfontein Telephone: +27 (0)11 877 6800 Website: http://onair.co.za/thepremises Opening hours: Tues-Sat 1200-2000 ...