This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The ROM is Canada's biggest museum, with over six million objects in its collections. This spectacular building was made by renowned architect Daniel Libeskind. Some of their best galleries include the World Culture Gallery, Natural World Gallery, T. T. Tsui Gallery of Chinese Art, the Gallery of Korea, and the Bishop White Gallery of Chinese Temple Art. 6 new galleries have also been added, inclu...
This is popularly known as 'The Virgin who answers prayers quickly'. This chapel was built in the 1100s and stored inside is a painting of the Virgin Mary dating to the 12-1300s. The outer walls are etched with animal figures and other mythical characters from the Classical to the Byzantine period. It is an interesting religious site for tourists to visit. Timings: Daily 8 A.M- 1 P.M A...
Located in FX Lifestyle Center Mall Sudirman, one of the world's longest and fastest sliders. ...
is a beautiful building made as a castle in the 16th century. Entry is €2.50. Telephone: 354 94 42 00. ...