This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The only place in Singapore where you can enjoy the night out in wild surroundings among nocturnal animals is the Night Safari. Occupying a massive area of 40 hectares, the place offers a diverse range of fauna which has been estimated to be up to 1,000 animals belonging to hundred different phyla. The park has been sub divided into three different categories known as Malaysian Rainforest, Indian ...
This museum is located in two neoclassical mansions. This museum exhibits contemporary European Art. Almost all of the paintings have as their focus, the human body. Over 3000 paintings by Greek and other artists are exhibited here. Timings: Wednesday- Sunday 11 A.M- 5 P.M Address: Monis Asteriou 3 & 7, Plaka Admission: 6 EUR Tel: 210-323-4678 ...
The Alliance hosts contemporary South African and international art exhibitions, usually by solo artists. Exhibitions are solicited through proposals. Address: 17 Lower Park Drive, Parkview Telephone: +27 (0)11 646 1169 Website: http://www.alliance.org.za/ ...
1. Chapultepec Park: Address: Paseo de la Reforma, Centro Historico, Mexico City Phone: + 52 555230 2121 The largest natural park in the city. Serene, soothing setting, and plenty of playing space for children as you relax. Also includes the Museum of Anthropology, a treat for young learners, the city’s Zoological Gardens, and a petting zoo for children. ...