This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Bourg-de-Four, an ancient Roman market, is one of the oldest public squares in the city, and still is a central attraction in the area. It is surrounded by cafes, bars, coffee shops, and other such outlets....
This is the central square in Altstadt and is a site used for many of the major festivals and fairs in the city. The Rommerberg has a bunch of historical sites, museums and buildings that are considered a tourist’s first stops. Romer (Town Hall) The Town Hall’s name, Zum Romer means, “To the Romans” in honor of the Roman settlements predating the founding of Frankfurt. The Town Hall buildi...
To escape the heat of the city this Sail Island in the Red sea area is the best retreat for the family where they can eat in the extensive food courts, swimming pool, use children’s area or see the performances in the performance area. The name is derived from the 24 meter high sails that cover the pool and seating area. ...
Similar in feel to the London docklands, Puerto Madero has a ghostly beauty to it. The antique port of Buenos Aires has been renewed however and now represents the latest architectural and entertainment trends of the city. The old red-brick warehouses now contain galleries, bars and restaurants (ranging from high end eateries to Franchises such as Hooters and TGIF). Old docking cranes and ships si...