This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
Also known as the Municipal Theatre, this public amenity is a splendid work of art in itself. Since its first live performance in 1881, an opera that received national recognition, the theatre has successfully continued to lure music and art lovers to its rather commendable performances. The interior is ornamented in tones of opulent luxury, with velvets and fine silks and an added sprinkle of ...
Casablanca Twin Center is a bold piece of architecture that represents a modern and enterprising Casablanca. Reaching a height of 100m, this building is a vibrant commercial center. The tower houses offices, dwellings and commercial establishments, the latter on the first five floors. Terraces, bars and restaurants occupy the top floor. Three basement car parks provide ample parking. Address: B...
Tibidabo Funfair "The Magic Mountain" A superb funfair with several rides, it is an absolute gem for kids and is a great place to have some quality family time. Address: On Tibidabo Mountain Admission: Adults 15Euro, children under 110cms in height, 4Euro. Prices allow unlimited use of the attractions and rides. Open: weekends and fiestas only until June, then daily in July and August....
This green lung of the bustling city of Beirut is a popular place among the residents. Children have a good time playing here. Bikes are available for hire and kids can also skate on the paved tracks. Numerous vendors roam around selling drinks and snacks. This garden is also popular with walkers, joggers and elderly citizens who enjoy the shade of the trees, some of which are hundreds of year...