This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
This museum is a display of both modern consumer and modern industrial arts and designs. It has a couple of permanent exhibitions showing the planned drawing of industrial and consumer goods ever since the beginning to the 20th century. However, most exhibitions are seasonal. There is a record for all designers that have passed and those that are still operating in Finland. It is located in the n...
Istiklal Avenue is Istanbul's answer to the Champs Elysees in Paris or Fifth Avenue in New York. It's home to the city's best shopping, fine dining, and beautiful architecture. Just about every major international fashion label has an outlet here. Day and night, Istiklal Avenue is always crowded. The city's best night life is located here too. Istiklal Avenue's western...
By the end of the eighteenth century, Paris had a serious problem: what to do with all the dead bodies? The city’s poor were often buried in mass graves at the Saint Innocents Cemetery, near the center of the city. Eventually, it was filled way past capacity and the decaying corpses were polluting Paris’ groundwater. Finally, at the start of the nineteenth century, new graveyards aroun...
can provide an interesting outing for the whole family. It is beautifully built in the architechtural style of old Persia and houses stalls that sell absolutely everything. ...